Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, February 19, 2004

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The following is for Canadian readers- I was at a hockey game last night and as with all sports the game started with the singing of our national anthem. As I am singing I look around and do not see anyone singing! Canadians do you not realize how great our home is? It was voted by United Nations as the best country to live in the world for seven years in a row. Bill Clinton himself said this about Canada "In world darkened by ethnic conflicts that tear nations apart, Canada stands as a model of how people of different cultures can live and work together in peace, prosperity and mutual respect"
My question is this? Why can't Canadians be patriotic and show it? I have no doubt that we love our home. I have never spoken to a Canadian that would like to live elsewhere. Why is it so hard to sing "Oh Canada"? Looking into this I found that most Canadians do not even know the words!
In my opinion Canadians need to get excited about living here.
I AM CANADIAN and PROUD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket