Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, February 16, 2004

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My new obsession is this blog and I find myself constantly thinking of things to write here. Actually I am always thinking. Thoughts are always tumbling around in my head all day long. I just have a place to write about them now. This leads me to my thought for the day.
I passed my Grandpa while driving this morning. My Grandma passed away a few years ago and my sister did not go to her funeral. She is very afraid of death. My question is how much can I encourage her to get by this until it comes to a point of doing the opposite? Damn. I am not making sense. Don't you hate it when you have a thought but can't get it down in writing? What I mean in a nutshell is when is it encouragement and when is it nagging and interfering with her journey? So often we mean well but we are standing in the way of someone's path that they are walking. Let's face it. Life is not easy and we are here learning a lot of lessons. In the end we are hopefully better people. I know I have had people with good intentions "encourage" me but when it came down to it they were just blocking the path. I would have likely figured out the lesson a lot sooner if they had not been giving me advice. With my sister's fear I feel if I had have told her she should have been at Grandma's funeral it would have just brought guilt. I feel guilt is counter-productive. It has the opposite of the intended effect. My sister may or may not get by this but it isn't my job to see that she does. Sooooooooooo....What I am going to try to do is choose my words before trying to help someone. I can be there by their side to offer love, friendship and support but it isn't my job to tell anyone what they should be doing.
Is this as clear as mud?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket