Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, April 18, 2004

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I have a job interview tomorrow morning and I am scared! I have been a SAHM for 8 years with the exception of two part time jobs in that time. A lady I know thought I would like the job and heard of an opening and asked me if she could submit my resume. I never thought they would even call me because I am not at all qualified for the job. My qualifications are in early childhood education and nursing and this job is data entry, secretarial and administration. I am sitting here trying to figure out why on earth they called me.
The lady called me for the interview Friday afternoon and told me my interview was at 7:45 am! What kind of interview is that early in the morning? I had no clothes appropriate for that type of interview so I went to a second-hand store and bought some clothes that I feel very weird in. Anyway, I have got myself all in a state and I feel like crying. When I get really stressed I cry. What it comes down to is inadequacy. When I decided to stay home with my kids I gave up the career path. I see women who have stayed on that path and they have it so together whereas I am just a frumpy mom. It will be hard to sit there and have nothing to say to her when she asks me my qualifications.
I did some research on the company. Score one point there. Apparently interviewers like that. The clothes I bought look very nice and I look like I have it together. This sucks. I should have just said no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket