Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, May 21, 2004

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I think this working two jobs thing may prove interesting. I was called in to come to both this morning. I got up before 7. Was called to the school. I didn't actually teach in the classroom today but did Track & Field. All day standing on my feet! Right after that I tore across town with about 5 mintes to spare to my other job. Suffice it to say I am a little tired. A good tired though.
I spoke with both bosses and both understand that I have another job. They are both accommodating and will understand when I have to turn down shifts to go to the other job. I think that is pretty cool considering most employers wont do that. We have several of those big box stores in town and they will only give their employee's 15 - 20 hours a week but they need to be available from 8 am - 10 pm 7 days a week. What a bunch of bullshit! People who work for minimum wage need the opportunity to work more than one job. Place like there always have a high turnover of staff for the simple reason they can't live on on $600/month. It pisses me off that they expect so much of their employees and pay them crap wages, no benefits and if you can't be there for a shift you get fired. Anyway, I have gone off on a tangent. (again)
wants to take me to Ontario to meet his family next month. I am so scared. I honestly don't know if I can do it. What if they hate me? says there is no chance of that happening but if they do he wont care because he loves me.
Well I am tired. Off to flake out in front of the TV.

1 Comments:

Blogger Balbonics said...

Hey what a cute cat!

Congrats on your jobs, "a good tired" is a great feeling. Good luck with the folks--you'll be fine :)

4:45 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket