Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, May 10, 2004

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Well I think I will stick with the flowery pink theme for a while because I set up a web-site for my kids today and it took almost all damn day. My family will like it though so I don't mind.

Nana's funeral is tomorrow. I know I would like to say something about how wonderful she was and how special she was to me but I don't think I can do it. I did get to help plan the funeral, which meant a lot. It was strange; when I was deciding about all the options I was all composed and calm. I made decisions based on what I knew she would like. Afterwards I caved. I did not want to be doing that. A very painful oxymoron.

This is the poem I found for her memorial page.

After Glow

I’d like the memory of me
to be a happy one.
I’d like to leave an after glow
of smiles when life is done.
I’d like to leave an echo
whispering softly down the ways,
Of happy times and laughing times
and bright and sunny days.
I’d like the tears of those who grieve,
to dry before the sun
of happy memories
that I leave when life is done.

My Nana has left me with so many wonderful memories. Bittersweet memories. Whenever I see Sweet Peas I will think of her colourful garden full of them. I always went home with handfuls of them wrapped in wet paper towel so they wouldn't die. Whenever I see crabs in a tank at the supermarket I will think of the time she bought a crab and felt so bad about dropping it in boiling water she let it live in the kitchen sink. She could hear it clanking around where ever she went in her house.

I am so thankful for remembering her because she will always live on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket