Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Some days I feel like a bad mom. Yesterday Girl-N had a nose bleed and I threw up. I am a nurse fergodsake! I can handle blood when it is in small amounts. Something about blood coming out of a nose with long strands of who-knows-what is too much. Her nose is bleeding all over the place and I am pinching her nose with one hand and holding a bag to throw-up in with the other. So much for the post on knowing how to not vomit. So there I am about a second away from fainting and I am thinking I need to get her to the hospital if it continues. 20 minutes later I am in the car with her on my way to the hospital. The nurse asked me if I was o.k.! How embarrassing! Anyway...Girl-N is o.k. The doctor said it was because she had a cold and it may start again but it would stop if I pinched it. Incidentally, the way to pinch a bleeding nose is to grab the middle of your nose with your middle knuckles and roll up so your top knuckles are near your eyes. Does that make any sense?
Any other mom's out there just feel like ya don't quite measure up some days?

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Wow, that's a long nose bleed. My kids have bloody noses a lot but they usually stop after a minute. You are not a bad mom, a bad mom wouldn't have taken her to the hospital. ((hugs)) Hope you have a better day today!

9:41 a.m.  
Blogger Jules said...

There are definitely days that I don't feel like I measure up for sure. Days when I snap too quickly or don't take care of things I'm supposed to. As for the blood, nurse or not it's different when it's your own child, no question. I had to take 4yo dd to get stitches a month ago and thought I was going to faint. I would have felt awful :(

10:13 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know for experience that it is totally different when it happens with your own child. It is harder to keep it together for some reason.
Then again I think I would have an even harder time cleaning up puke from a child that wasn't mine.
Hope she is okay now :)
Candi
http://diaperville.typepad.com

10:20 a.m.  
Blogger Balbonics said...

Well, last week my dog had tin foil in his poop everyday for a whole week. Geez, nothing's safe from the dog, not even the trashcan!

4:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket