Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Do any of you remember these?! I bought one for Girl-N. She wanted to knit a blanket for bed before going to sleep tonight. "It might take a little longer than that", I told her. A mat then? I didn't have the heart to tell her she likely wouldn't even see the first 10 cm. tonight! Well I was wrong. She pulled it off the knobby things to see her progress. Attempt number 2 begins tomorrow morning.
I remember being 6 and thinking things like I was going to knit an entire blanket for my bed. Very least a world's record on the longest knitting knobby chain! Did any one ever make something beyond a potholder? I did make a snake. Just glue on some eyes and voila! My mom thought they were masterpieces and made Christmas decorations out of them. They still sit on the tree all these years later.
I don't know how far Girl-N will take this hobby. I would love a new knitting knobby blanket. If not, a Christmas snake for my tree would be just knifty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket