Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just a ho-hum kinda day. It was considerably cooler today and for that I am so happy! I coloured my hair. I decided to go closer to my natural colour so went from my usual Nice and Easy 106A to 116A. I bet you are all just thrilled that I shared that with you!
I am thinking about trying the South Beach Diet. I am really against diets because I think it is a set up for failure. Our North American society preaches thin is better. It shouts at women. Even Oprah, who is so pro-women's empowerment has her magazine full or anorexic/bulimic women. The hypocrisy makes me angry! But I digress; I think diets are shoved at us to lose weight when our intentions should be on health. I am well within my BMI but want to try to eat a more balanced diet. It isn't completely eliminating carbs like in the Adtkin's diet. I believe we all need fruits and grains in abundance. The South Beach has a balance. Anyway, I wont be starting for about a week. Will see how it goes. If anyone has tried this diet please let me know. I am interested in successes and failures!

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I like the South Beach diet. Greg has lost 20 pounds on it but if you start letting bad carbs (doughnuts, white bread) back into your diet, you'll gain again. Good luck!

4:51 a.m.  
Blogger Balbonics said...

Haven't tried any of the diets--am scared that temporarily abstaining from donuts, etc will backfire. Am contemplating coloring my hair though... but am scared again because purple is an option.

6:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket