Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I have a question.

My seven year old daughter is still grieving the death of her great-grandmother. She wakes up crying at least once a week. I have read her different books from the library (Dinosaur's Die, Where is Heaven, What Happens When You Die etc). We have talked about it lots and lots but she still continues to grieve. I won't go into all the other things I have done to help her cope and understand but I am very interested in any suggestions others have on what we could do. I do realize that grieving is a process and it takes time (it has been 8 months) , but I am getting worried.

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Thanks for stopping by my place. Saw a segment on Dr. Phil yesterday about grieving - we each deal with grieving differently and it is important to realize that. You might check out his web page on the subject and find some useful information there. Good luck and I hope your daughter find peace soon.

5:50 a.m.  
Blogger KT said...

Hi Barbara,
You had posted a comment to my blog (ktspot) about light therapy - just wanted to say thanks for leaving that information! My husband has experienced S.A.D., for which he has been using light therapy for, and he swears by it. I too have been trying to get outside more during peak light hours; or using some sort of artificial light, and it does help. Thanks again for the post! (and thanks for reading my blog - I didn't think anyone actually read it!)

2:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket