Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, February 04, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It is almost 2:00 a.m. Girl-W is coughing away and I can't get back to sleep. I am so tired! I rarely wake up at this hour and can't fall back asleep. I am off today and so glad!
There was a second attempted abduction attempt in our city yesterday. This scares me! When I was growing up I remember walking to the corner store several kilometers away. We played in the bushes for hours on end and walked to and from school alone. Those days are gone. My kids will never know the privilege of playing Kick the Can with the neighborhood kids after dark while the neighborhood parents have coffee somewhere. My kids will never be able to go to the store alone because they earned some money and want to go blow it on a pop and chips.
Where have we gone wrong in society? I know all to well what fear can do. I know we cannot live fearful about what could happen to our kids but these are realities, not just fears. I hate that there are a very small handful of men out there that have taken away the childhood of millions. I honestly dream about packing up my kids and moving to communal type living.

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Wish that Girl W could get over that illness and you could get some rest.

Do you live in a small town. Yes there are some sick men and WOMEN out there who make the world unsafe for us all. I am sorry they cannot experience what we were able to during our childhood years.

6:01 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the main differences in myself and my boyfriend, is that he is a city boy and I'm more of a country girl. I absolutely refuse to have children or raise them in a big city. While there are still lots of risks, I would feel safer in a smaller town. And also, if my children are going to be restricted in where they go, I want to be able to provide them with a nice big yard that they can play in.

2:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket