Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My mom had blood tests yesterday and an ultrasound today. The doctor called her in to her office. It was bad news. She has a large growth on one of her ovaries. At least they think it is one of her ovaries. The doctor said she believe it is cancer. (I refuse to capitalize that awful word.) She is scheduled for surgery next Thursday unless they can get her in sooner.
I am not really registering. Boy-W is playing and laughing at Angus. Girl-N is sick on the couch with pneumonia with a fever of 39.5C. Is life supposed to continue on as normal? I pray to God this will not become a journal about Mom's journey battle with cancer. I would say journey but shouldn't a journey be a positive and enlightening experience?
This sort of thing happens to other families. Not ours. We have a close-knit, loving and supportive family. Everyone helps one another and we have always been there for each other. My brother, sister and I get along and often all end up at my mom and dad's on a Sunday afternoon. I don't know what else to say. I am just hoping, praying and believing that the doctor is wrong.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jezzy said...

I'm so sorry to read that. I hope things work out okay.

8:56 p.m.  
Blogger Bella said...

My mom has had cancer about 4 times now. Each time it's a new journey and in the end- she laughs at it. Heck, we all do. Not that it's funny- but just that she has overcome it before, what would make the next time so difficult?
It's a hard journey, but she'll get through it.

9:31 p.m.  
Blogger David said...

I am so sorry to read this. But I am glad they found it and scheduled surgery so soon. It is a struggle to watch our parents face illness that we canot control - I did it for both. Keep your strength up to be able to help them.

Will keep you in thoughts and prayers.
David (txoceanlover)

6:56 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket