Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My usual days off are Friday and Sunday but once a month I get a long weekend of Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I am so glad it fell this weekend because I sure need it. I was so angry with my boss yesterday that I wanted to quit. My only reason for staying yesterday is I have a super supportive group of co-workers. (And the never end supply of candy that the general manager provides. She rocks!)
Some days I really don't like my job. Other days I am thankful for a job where I get to be off at 4:30 everyday. I like the actual work but my heart is not in it 100%. My heart is in working for a non-profit organization such as ALS or MS Society. My ideal job would be working with physically or mentally challenged adults through Independent Living. I am not saying my job is not gratifying because a lot of days it is. I just want to go home every night and know that I am making a difference.
Ya know...as I write this I am beginning to think I need to get back to taking the steps to reach my goal. I had an employment counselor working for me back in May and she told me that if I needed anything to give her a call. Maybe she knew me well enough (Myers Briggs-ESFP) that I would not be really happy with where I was at. At any rate I am going to e mail her tonight before bed and see what I can do.

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I know what it is to work where you do not like and are not wanted. So, here is some encouragement to get off you behind and get out there and find a job that you want to do.

Now if I could just find something to keep me from going crazy...........

12:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket