Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Today the boss called me into her office. She has never called me into her office before. My thought? I am getting fired. Well I did not get fired. The boss in a round about way told me why she has been acting the way she has. Then she proceeded to tell me a bunch of shit she feels I am doing wrong. Whatever. I can take constructive criticism. When the meeting was over the air had been cleared so to speak. She was very pleasant the rest of the afternoon. I still do not trust her though. Nor will I.

I chatted with a lady today about her job with a community living organization. She works with mentally challenged adults. I would love to be doing this type of work. I am going to look further into how I can go about this.

Thank you to each of you that commented on my blog yesterday. It meant more than you know.

5 Comments:

Blogger wanda said...

Barb, I wanted to check back by and see how your were holding up. Your experience brought back of lot of bad memories for me. I remember how alone and helpless I felt. It would have meant the world to me to have had a place like this where I could let it all out and have feedback from others who were either in similiar situations or had been. It doesnt' change what happened but I believe it would have made it a bit more bearable.
I'm glad to see that you are feeling better. Also to see that in her own way this lady did make a small attempt to apologize.
Maybe this incident will become a blessing in disguise. If it leads you to pursue other avenues of employment, and you perchance find something that you can not just make a living doing but that you actually enjoy, then it will not have been for naught.
Sleep well my friend!

8:33 p.m.  
Blogger David said...

Is today any better? Working for a boss like that stinks and does remind me of my last one. It is so tempting to want to get even, but that solves nothing.

7:26 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Schmutzie said...
I just wanted to drop in and thank you for telling me about light therapy. It is actually something I have been meaning to look into, but it's good to get a little kick in the pants to push me forward.

10:28 a.m.  
Blogger Jean said...

As far as standing up for yourself goes...sometimes it's a simple as striking a cool balance. Still be the sweet and respectful person that you were born to be, but, be firm and resolute-while managing to be respectful (in the case of your boss).

Some people search their whole lives before they ever find something they can kinda live with. I'm glad you know your path well enough to begin to shape it according to your comfort zone!

Good luck! http://analytical83speaks.blogspot.com/

12:23 p.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

that would be a great job for you ! You have such a big heart and it would be interesting and fun! I love taking care of people so I am all for those kinds of jobs, just think you can help folks to live as normal a life as they can!:)

12:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket