Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Update on New White Cat. He is soooo sweet. He follows me wherever I go. I can't even go to the bathroom without him on my heels. He doesn't meow. He sort of "granzzzz". He doesn't show signs of being cuddly yet but he is curious about everything. He has investigated every closet and under every table and desk. I think a favorite is tramping across my keyboard and turning different applications on and off. Tonight I had a bath and he sat on the edge of the tub and visited with me. Right now he is on the back of the large Lazy-Boy recliner behind me watching me type. We will need to keep an eye on him though. I believe he is enjoying watching the gerbil a little too much. He is still without a name.
Introducing....

New White Cat who needs a name! I have missed Harriet so much. My home has just not been the same without her. I applied to get a new cat but I wasn't ready until today. This cute guy is from SPCA. I wanted to get a kitten but I couldn't do it in good conscience with so many adult cats out there that need a home. As soon as I saw him he came right to the front of his cage to see me. I put my face up to him and he touched his nose with mine! A sure sign of a cat that belongs.
Any suggestions on the name? It MUST be different. No Snowball's or Milky. I took several days to pick Harriet's name and will likely do the same with this guy. Will keep you posted!
Here is another picture. Both pictures are from the SPCA website. I will post more soon.

7 Comments:

Blogger KT said...

Yeay --I'm so glad you got another kitty! And as for the name...hmm... that's a tough one. What worked for me when I named my dog was just looking at her, and just listening to instinct. For some reason, when I looked at my wee dog, I saw "Maitai" - and that became her name. (I'm not an alcoholic or anything - it just popped into my head and it suit her perfectly). So go with your gut!

And as for your psycho boss -- here's the deal with people like that, and people like you. (I think of this when I'm in similar situations and it always puts it into proper perspective.) Just remember this: GENUINELY HAPPY PEOPLE DONT ACT LIKE THAT. Your boss is a flaming biatch because she is a very unhappy, insecure person, who NEEDS to put others down to boost up her very pathetic little ego. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with you. She sees you, and needs to put you down to feel better about herself. So just remember, she's got way bigger problems. (and throw a bottle of Midol at her next time she acts up) :p

Dont know if that helps, but it works for me to help diffuse my anger at people like that. :)

8:03 p.m.  
Blogger David said...

Good for you. I hope you two develop a strong bond. I never get to pick pet's names - not even Molly's and she was a gift to me.

So I can't help you there.

7:02 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Lucent? or Dulcet? Azucar? My pet naming technique has always been to put words that describe the pet into the translator or thesaurus. The first two mean "light" and the last one is Spanish for "sugar". I named my parents dog Nabot (said Nabeau) which is French for "runt" since he was the runt of his litter.

4:54 p.m.  
Blogger -Me said...

Wesa? (Native American for "cat") He's adorable. How old do they think he is?

6:30 p.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

I vote for Triton( pure ) or Dreagan ( dragon pronounced differntly) I have a theory that cats are dragons in disguise, just something about the way they look.
( I know I am weird )
But hey I have a cat named Kajun and another cat named Budduh :)And okay I will admit I once had a white beautiful kitty named Triton and another dark tiger striped named dreagan. I miss them both dearly. Hmm maybe you could get a cool name out of the phone book??!!

8:14 p.m.  
Blogger wanda said...

How about Iceman? He looks like he could be a cool dude. I kinda like the Askhm one too. It would lead to some interesting conversations. Just keep in mind he's a guy and don't stick him with something to sweet or cute. Guys get all huffy about stuff like that.
I too,like the new picture at the top.
~*^flutters up, up & away^*~
wanda ( just breathe )

12:35 p.m.  
Blogger KT said...

As I read your last entry again about your kitty and your naming dilemma, read what a curious little thing he sounds like...and then the name George popped in my head... you know, as in "Curious...."
:)

7:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket