Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Where do I start this post? I am holding it together well considering...

Yesterday my dad stopped by and told me that the doctor found a large lump in my mom's abdomen. She didn't want him to tell me because she thought I would worry. She had blood work done today and is having an ultrasound tomorrow. It sounds as if they will do surgery on Friday. I am trying not to worry but that "C" word looms. I have always been very close to my mom. She has always been my rock and I can't even think for a moment there may be something wrong with her.

I called from work yesterday to see if he wanted me to pick him up. He told me that he was waiting for a call from the doctor. When I asked him why he said he would talk to me later. I got home and call him and he told me that he had been having chest pains with numbness in his elbow. WHY he didn't go to emergency is beyond me. Anyway, I tell him to go to the E.R. It turns out he did not have a heart attack but he has an enlarged heart. He is going to his doctor tomorrow to get more testing.

Girl-N came home yesterday after school coughing really badly. She was warm to the touch and didn't want to eat her dinner. I decided to keep her home from school because she had a fever of 39C. I made her an appointment with the doctor this afternoon. Since I was working my dad took her. He called me at work to tell me she has pneumonia! Poor little girl is laying on the couch all feverish and coughing away. The doctor said the medication will start to work very quickly. She had RSV when she was 8 weeks old and has always been susceptible to coughs, colds and asthma but has fever had pneumonia before. It came on so quickly! She was fine yesterday morning.

So that is what has happened in the last 24 hours of my life.

5 Comments:

Blogger Queen on the run said...

First take a nice deep breath, hold it, hold it, keep holding it,don't breathe yet, okay now that you have picked yourself up off the floor and sat back in your chair...This isn't a mountain you can't climb.Girl child will get better, Kevin will get medication, your mom will have surgery and all will be well again until the next crisis.The only thing that I can promise is that yes there will be a next crisis,cuz I guess its the law or something.:)keep your chin up sweets, it will get better.

8:00 p.m.  
Blogger David said...

Mercy me lady, you have enough on your plate for sure. I hope your C fears are unfounded and that your Mother regains her health quickly. And the same for Kevin as well.

Get rest to keep yourself strong.

5:30 a.m.  
Blogger wanda said...

Have mercy! As Nikki said,when it rains at your house, it pours! Much the same as at mine. I however cannot complain as I do not have your level of worrries.
Like queen said, take a deep breath (just breathe???) and try to find some strength in your faith. We will all be praying for your Mom, Kevin, and you sweet little girl. And you as well of course.
I hope David is right and all will be well soon. If that is not to be, then I will pray for God to give you the strength to handle whatever comes your way. Know that our thoughts are with you.

1:06 p.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

Wow, you are having a tough time, things always seem to happen at once.

Just hold on tight, you will make it through, I'm sure.

*hugs*

5:18 p.m.  
Blogger Busy Mom said...

Hang in there. I'm sorry you are having to go through so much.

9:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket