Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, March 28, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Bloggers block continues. I think I am getting sick. Everyone at work has had the flu but has been coming in to spread their germs all over the place. I managed to hold out but tonight I have a sore throat. I will attempt to will it away. I can't get sick because I have to be able to go to my mom and dad's at least every other day and I can't do that if I am sick. People on chemotherapy have very weak immune systems and my mom could get whatever I may have.

Joe has sent me some interview questions that I will work on this week. The brain is tired so I don't have the mental capacity to think the questions through. I will get them up though. Promise!

Since I have Bloggers block here is my 2 cents on Karen Schiavo. My thoughts are scattered so this is going to be all over the place.

I am saddened that a woman is lying there being allowed starve to death. We have taken the word of one man. He is an adulterer. He cheated on her with two different women when she first became ill. This is not a loving husband. Sorry. No two ways around that one. Whether or not she is in a vegetative state to me is irregardless. I had a cousin that stopped breathing when he was an infant. He lived until he was 16. His entire life he never uttered the word "mother" or was able to feed himself. He never took a single step. He wore diapers and lived with the need for around the clock care. I remember being told that he was a "vegetable". Should he have allowed to be starve to death? I don't think so. All it would have taken is his for his caregivers to stop feeding him. Remember a few months ago the case where a couple of foster parents were found to be starving their children? How is this different? If in fact they have proven Karen would have wanted this, why not give her the narcotics to allow her to die quickly? It is being done all the time now. A patient chooses to die and they are given a lethal dose of pills. He/she goes to sleep and dies. Why is this not being done? In my opinion it has not been proven that this is what she would have wanted.
Daily YAY!
Flannel P.J.'s YAY!

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Hope you aren't getting the flu. The Terri case is so sad all around. I would not want to live that way. But I hope the "husband" can live with his decision to starve her to death. I could not do that either.

1:21 a.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

I hope you feel better soon:)
I also believe that what is being done to Terri is horrendous, just thinking about it makes me want to cry, scream, and puke.

12:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket