Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Do you know what I did yesterday? I burnt my ear with my curling iron. Now it feels like the entire side of my head is burnt. It hurts a lot and I usually have a high pain threshold. Argh!
~
Angus is meowing over and over and over again. I think he is bored with his life.
~
It is just after 7:00 and the sun just went down. It is SPRING here on Vancouver Island! It was warm and sunny all day today. I managed to get away from my desk for about 1/2 an hour today on the pretence of moving things from one part of the building to another. I got to spend some time outside and it was glorious! The sky was a beautiful blue. I feel bad for all of you that are still having snow. :( Ick.
~
Nonsense Poem
Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear.
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy
was he?
~
Daily Yay!
I don't work tomorrow! YAY! and double YAY!
~
Not to take away from the Daily Yay! but my freaking ear HURTS!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger mer said...

we had lots of snow today here in london, ontario but it was actually quite beautiful & peaceful & not too cold so it was ok! hey, it was a reason to treat myself to a hot chocolate.. mmmm but it still makes me envious to hear of your beautiful weather

ps. i love the picture at the top of your blog of the spring eggs - where did you get it?

7:27 p.m.  
Blogger Phyllis said...

I was on my way to Bible Study tonight at 6:45 and looked West towards Vancouver Island and stopped and took a deep breath in Awe of the beauty of it! The sun was red just before dipping into your Island!

9:12 p.m.  
Blogger wanda said...

A day off is indeed a "yay"! Have fun!!

1:28 a.m.  
Blogger David said...

Well I can honestly state that I never have burned my head with a curling iron.....

6:28 a.m.  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I haven't burnt my ear in like a trillion years, ouch!

I love the easter look to your blog, it's awesome!

11:07 a.m.  
Blogger Cursing Mama said...

I'm so glad I gave up the curling iron, I'm convinced it is only one of many devices dreamed up by a sadistic man.
It's getting nice here in Minnesota too, I'm really looking forward to seeing the tree's bud and having my son's allergies kick in (not really about my son, but it is a sure sign of spring).

11:50 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It is SPRING here on Vancouver Island!"

That makes me jealous on two counts.
1) I freakin wish it was spring here!
2) I lived on VI for the first 19 years of my life and I MISS IT.

4:25 p.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

I have never burnt myself with a curling iron as I have never used one. Naturally curly hair comes in handy sometimes I guess.Mostly it just sucks! Sorry to hear that you got yourself an ouch. Hope it heals quickly:)

4:44 p.m.  
Blogger KinnicChick said...

Don't usually smile/laugh at other's misfortunes, but the burned ear did make me grin just a little as it brought up more memories from the eighties and there has been a lot of that going around this week... I think it's an epidemic or something. See, I don't think I've bothered to USE a curling iron since I insisted on trying to force my hair into the Farrah look back then. Now I keep it too short to attempt that.

My hair is too thin and flimsy to bother with curling. It doesn't take. And when I use to try, I was inevitably burning an ear, or dropping it while it was wound in my hair and it would unwind but catch and then hang and burn my jaw or neck... I was always a mess of burns. (Goodness I'm admitting this?)...

So I'm not laughing at you, dear. Just laughing at the memories you gave of poor pitiful me! Photos of my attempts at Farrah hair still up on my blog... sad...

6:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket