Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Hair today, Gone Tomorrow. You all know where this is going right? I went over to my mom and dad's today. My mom woke up this morning to discover that not only was her hair falling out but apparently her eyelashes were too. She started to cry and when my dad asked her why she was crying she said it was because she was ugly. She has a cry and went to lay down. She awoke later still feeling very sad and went to sit in the living room. She looked at my dad and he had shaved his head for her. (She started to cry again.) Only he didn't do a very good job of it. He looked like Bozo the clown.
My mom called me to bring my clippers. I arrived and almost peed my pants from laughing so hard. Bless his intentions but he looked hilarious. We plugged the clippers in and the kids and I all had a go at his head. My boyfriend who is also bald showed him how to keep his head nice and smooth.
All the while this is being done my mom and I were chatting about her hair falling out in clumps and she decided to go for a head shave as well. I did it for her. I didn't go bald. About Sinead O'Connor. My mom looked beautiful. She has these large aquamarine coloured eyes that sparkle and honestly I have never her seen her more alive and stunning.
As I have said before I will shave my head June 11 to raise money for the cancer Society. No matter what though. I can never look as beautiful as my mom did today.

Daily Yay! The little toys that my son gives me whenever he has a Kindersurprise toy he likes. I just have to say that I think it is cute and he gives it to me. I have a whole desk full of them. I am thankful for his beautiful and giving nature. Yay!

6 Comments:

Blogger Phyllis said...

What a brave thing to do!! Shave your head in June!!
We want before and after pictures!
Bless your mom's heart!
And Bless you for being her daughter!

11:26 p.m.  
Blogger David said...

Good on your Dad. It never hurts to laugh.

Wishing them the best.

6:15 a.m.  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh, your dad is the sweetest! What a wonderful and loving gesture.

Laugh through the tears. It's the best way to through.

7:00 a.m.  
Blogger wanda said...

Dagnabit! Here I am sitting here crying like a big ole blubbering baby! To see such love and compassion. How beautiful is that?

2:30 p.m.  
Blogger ccap said...

What a lovely story!

3:00 p.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

That is the nicest story, a story of love.

I am glad you got a good laugh, laughter is the best medicine.

I knew a woman who lost her hair and she would wear pretty silky scarves.

5:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket