Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Interview questions from Joe.

1) Your mother is currently in a serious health battle during which you have become the glue that appears to be holding the family together. What is one 'small' thing you would like to give your mom if you could?

There is so many things I would like to give her but can't. I try to keep her house clean, laundry caught up and her bed changed with fresh sheets. I also try to be there for my dad so he can have a break away an afternoon or two a week. I guess a lot of the time I don't feel like I can do anything so I just try to do the small stuff. Right now I am working on a great big basket full of messages of love for her. All of her friends have e mailed me with a special message. I have taken them and changed them into individual scrolls rolled up into lengths of coloured ribbon. I have collected over 120 so far. I will give them to her this Sunday. I guess the one gift I want to give her is letting her know how much she is loved.
~

2) Your site is named for your Nana, tell us about one special memory of her that makes you happy.

Actually my site is named after the Serenity Prayer. I think I had a picture up once that I labeled Nana's Sweet Peas and I guess that is where the confusion is. I named my site while after going through a difficult major change in my life where I just needed to trust that God would not leave me. As for my Nana, every memory I have of her is special. She was an amazing lady who was very devoted to her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She used to grow Sweet Peas in her yard and would always send me home with huge bouquets of them wrapped up in wet paper towel and plastic. Sweet Peas remind me of Nana.
~

3) Your children are a big part of your life. If you could, what advice would you give your daughter? And your son? (yes, I realize that is two questions, but hey, I like to include all of you.

I want both my kids to learn the importance of being a humanitarian. I want them to love and reach out to the less fortunate. So as for advice I would tell them to never miss out on an opportunity to be a blessing in someone else's life.
~

4) You have a special remembering for Groundhog day, there were flowers I believe.... ;) so, tell us what you'd like to do for him for a special day.

Groundhog Day 2004 was the day my boyfriend and I met. If I had the means I would take him to meet the 2 remaining Beatles. I think it would be fun to see Punxsutawney Phi. (I know lame answers but I have a lousy imagination!)
~

5) Your work is not usually something included in your daily Yay, what would be your dream job (aside from the full time job of parenting.)?

I have several dream jobs and they are certainly not doing what I am presently doing. I think ideally I would work for hospice or with mentally challenged adults. Basically I would love to be doing any job helping the part of society that has been ignored or pushed aside. I used to be a nurse's aide for Alzheimer's patients. I miss doing that a lot.

2 Comments:

Blogger gal artist said...

I like the Message of Love basket idea, what a great idea, I am sure your mother will love it.

I hope your Mother is doing better.

*hugs*

4:03 a.m.  
Blogger David said...

The "gifts" you are giving come from love of your parents. Those gifts cannot be quantified and I am sure they will never be forgotten. As both of my parents became more ill, I did the same things. So I speak from experience - you do not need to give them anything more.......Your gifts are precious.

7:10 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket