Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It is amazing how fast the human brain can think. As I was cleaning the kitchen this evening I went to pick up a bowl of chips. It slipped through my fingers and sort of hit the counter for a moment before flipping and falling to the floor. The entire event from start to finish took maybe one second of my life. These were my thoughts.

(One second begins) Bowl of chips. Will pour these back into bag. Oh shit I dropped them! Yay! Saved by hitting the counter. Oh shit! Maybe if I make a frantic grab at them I will save them from hitting the floor thus saving them from going from one end of the kitchen to the other. Damn it, I missed. Shit... chips everywhere. (End of one second of my life.)

At this point I thought about calling the dog then remembered we don't have one. Angus (the cat) strolls in to see what the commotion was all about. He sniffs the chips. Looks up at me with disgust and disdain said said "What the hell is this"? He turns around, flicks his tail and moodily walks out of kitchen. I get the broom. Sweep up the chips. Thankful in some weird way that it is better that it happened this way instead of me scarfing them down simply because they are there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Queen on the run said...

You have heard the saying."let the chips fall where they may" Better on the floor then on the hips I say! cats don't much care for chips. although my sister had a black persian that absolutely loved cheetos and chili cheese fritos. He was a weird cat!:)

11:16 p.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

I would have lent you my dog, she will eat anything and chips are her favorite.

Oh, she won't eat celery, she doesn't like that it's stringy and she will chew it up and spit the soggy mess on the floor.

5:56 a.m.  
Blogger Sylvana said...

Thank goodness for dogs, the original Roomba!

6:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket