Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, April 22, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Can't remember if I have posted about his before but this is a good way to get your kids to help around the house. I was always asking the kids to help with cleaning but they never got much accomplished until we started doing "Magic Scrap". Magic Scrap can be anything that needs to be picked up, put away or straightened. You choose what it is (but don't tell them). The kids clean for a set time, say 20 minutes. The child that finds out what magic scrap is gets a prize. I am cheap so it is usually .25 cents. My kids get all excited about cleaning and ask me every 30 seconds if they found magic scrap yet. You can't tell them until the end of the set time or they will stop working. It works well for us!

4 Comments:

Blogger Queen on the run said...

THAT is an awesome and brilliant idear!
How cute about the foal:):)

7:12 p.m.  
Blogger Catherine said...

I love it! Can't wait to try it myself. :)

8:21 p.m.  
Blogger wanda said...

That might work on Kasey (25) but it wouldn't with Robby (21) he makes more money than I do. Maybe I could offer to bake a cake or something like that.
Great idea!!!

1:00 a.m.  
Blogger Robin said...

Oh WOW! This is truly community service. I can't WAIT until my kids get home Sunday. I think the magic scrap will be buried under the leaves in the backyard.

1:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket