Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Went to church this morning. It was very good! I have decided to "convert" for a lack of a better word to a more stable church. I think I have previously posted that my background is charismatic but I am looking for something that is going to focus on the Word and not the hype. So I got up early and took the kids to a Presbyterian church. It was different but I really enjoyed it. Lots of older people. We went to the first service as opposed tot he more traditional service later in the morning.

Came home. Tidied the house. Made lunch. Read blogs and now it is time for a nap. Ahhh...Nothing like a Sunday afternoon nap.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary Lou said...

The word Presby as a derivative means "old" ;) it was meant to be the old style religion, meaning never changing. ANd trust me, they dont! It is about as far from charismatic as you can get. It is comfortable though. I am thinking about the episcopalian, as I like the Ceremony of the Catholic Church. But then I may go back to the methodist, I am not sure yet.

Hey! THE SUN IS SHINING TODAY!!! Sposed to stay that way through NEXT weekend!! Whoot!

Where on Vancouver Island do you live? You get more rain than we do, we are hiding behind the Olympic Mtns. But trust me, we got DUMPED on the past few days!!!

2:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up with a religious hodge-podge, my mom is a Jehovah’s Witness so until I was 12 or so, I went to the Kingdom Hall with her on Thursday nights. My best friends family was Pentecostal though, and her mom would only allow us to have sleepovers if I would go to church with them, so Sundays I was at the Pentecostal church. A rather odd mix really. It perhaps explains why I am now Non Denominational.

3:07 p.m.  
Blogger -Me said...

Ahhh...I do so love Sunday afternoon naps.

I've never been to any church but an orthodox one.

7:23 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you enjoyed a very peaceful Sunday Barbara. Hope you said a little prayer for me. I don't go to church. There are nothing but Catholic churches in this small city where I live.

Hope you have another great day today!!

5:11 a.m.  
Blogger David said...

You cannot be an "older" church that is all about the word and not the presentation.

5:36 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket