Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A day of nothing great to write about. Went to work, told co-workers jokes not appropriate to the workplace (they laughed), filed a few hundred documents, answered a few hundred phone calls, flirted with a hottie co-worker (again) and came home.

Flirting in the workplace. This guy has been flirting with me for several months now but I didn't ever flirt back because I was in a relationship. Now that I am "single" I have decided to have fun with it. Hottie co-worker flirts with me and I play the game. It has become quite steamy at times! He walks by me when I am in the office and makes sure he puts his hand on me while he says excuse me. A few days back I was helping him find some orthopedic devices and he had his hand on the back of my bare arm. Sounds so silly but I was going out of my skin! I wanted to jump on him right there. The rest of the day I was umm...distracted.

So what is your opinion of workplace flirting? Harmless fun or dangerous liaison? Maybe somewhere in between?


Update-Just a note to add because you are all so nice and concerned about my well-being. It is harmless on every way. I would never in a million years let it go beyond just flirting. Also, I watch what I say and keep all comments rather light so as to never have him try to have a s#xual harrassment case against me. Thank you for your concerns! (((hugs)))

11 Comments:

Blogger Bella said...

Can be fun but then quickly lead to something dangerous. Watch out with that one... been burned a couple times. It does make you feel good though!

7:55 p.m.  
Blogger Jezzy said...

Yes, you need to be careful. But flirting makes one feel oh, so good and giggly inside!

9:15 p.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

I would def, keep it to flirting , and I would be careful about it.. you don't want to be accused of sexual harrassment!

9:34 p.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

Flirting can be fun I think, just because it is on the edge of danger.

As long as you are aware, and set yourself limits, have fun with it.

5:28 a.m.  
Blogger David said...

Oh man- that can be so dangerous but exciting too. As a manager, I would STRONGLY discourage it as it opens up the organization to all sorts of lawsuits. But as a person, I say enjoy it.

7:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so totally flirt with everyone everywhere all the time since my EX asked for the divorce. I like it and no one has ever been offended. It's all in fun

3:20 p.m.  
Blogger Anita said...

I say flirt away. Life's too short to be so serious all the time!

3:38 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way I see it, you're single now, so flirt away. It's fun and can be a real ego boost. :)

3:43 p.m.  
Blogger Jill said...

Just want to add that I like your PS. As a manager, I am also extremely wary of ANY suggestive behavior. Last year, one of my direct reports accused me of (general) harrassment because I was performance managing him. HUGE investigation found the charges to be baseless, but I'll tell you, I spent many nights wide awake with an accelerated heartbeat. I defended this guy on several incidents and then he turned around and accused me in order to prevent the termination. You think you know people and you really don't. Protect yourself first and foremost.

6:04 p.m.  
Blogger Catherine said...

My opinion: have fun. Most couples meet at work. That is where I met my other half. We
spend more time at work than we do at home, it is only natural that you would meet someone
there. Yes, sexual harassment is real, but laws are in place because of happening between the
unwilling or the coerced. What you are describing is just pure fun, I sure you know your
boundaries. :)

6:46 p.m.  
Blogger Amy S. Petrik said...

as long as you both are careful and just flirty. but be careful. i won a sexual harassment suit in 1996. i know the laws and i know how horrible it can ruin friendships. are you friends with this guy? or just playing back and forth?

10:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket