Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, May 27, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Day off today. Yay for days off! I can't type much tonight because I burnt my hand while making dinner. It hurts !

It was an uneventful day. Went with my mom to one of her appointments. Took The Girl to an appointment. Took kids their school lunches because they forgot them at home. Wandered into a consignment store and spent close to $100.00. I know some people hate used clothing but I love it. I got 3 capri pants and 7 tops. All were name brand and in excellent condition. The lady who runs the store only takes clothing that is in new condition. I have become quite addicted to buying second hand and wonder why anyone would spend so much money on new clothing. Such as the mindset of a single and broke mom. If I was to buy new it would be crap from Zellers and whenever I buy clothes from there it falls apart or buttons fall off. Anyone out there prefer the consignment store stuff too?

2 Comments:

Blogger gal artist said...

If i do buy brand new, it is usually off the clearance racks. A lot of times, clearance prices are cheaper than consignment stores.

I like thrift shops and yard sales too, you often have to look around hard to find nice stuff, but sometimes it's worth it.

5:32 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE consignment shops. I go there, to Goodwill, to yard sales...You can really find some good bargains if you take the time to look. I can go to the mall, not find a thing but go to a consignment shop and ALWAYS come out with something!!

8:10 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket