Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I am registering today for the Relay for Life and I am surprised at how emotional the registering is. So many teams named after people that have died from cancer. (A Salute to Sandy, Bradley's Blazers, Leslie's Angels to name a few) I cried as I read each team name because every one is for someone that had died from this awful disease.

For my newer readers my mom was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer in February and my Nana died one year ago on May 6th from cancer. It has been such an emotional year and participating in the relay is how I can help find a cure. 1/3 will get cancer in her lifetime. Those odds are staggering. 1/3!!

Also my new readers may have seen the countdown bar under my header up there ^^. I will be shaving my head at the relay as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger mer said...

congratulations on such an emotional undertaking... can your readers sponsor you?

8:57 p.m.  
Blogger David said...

How about an update on your Mom? It has been a while.

Good choice of the way to spend your time.

7:07 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket