Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I have an even less interesting post than yesterdays too many staples post. Day off work. Got up early to take the kids to school. Came home and went back to bed. Went to the dentist. I hate going to the dentist but perhaps I will leave that post for another time.

I am getting scared about shaving my head (at the Relay for Life) and I am thinking maybe it is not such a great idea after all. After all the hoopla is over I am going to be stuck with short hair for a few years. Short as in you look like a boy. I don't want to look like a boy! Right now my hair is slightly past my shoulders and wavy. I like my hair right now. However, I am going to do it, I will not back out because this is something I really believe in. Quite certain that not a single man in his right mind is going to be interested in a bald woman that looks like a boy so I can definitely throw out meeting a man. (Not that I am looking!)

OK, off to get my beautiful kids from school.

I am going to look like a boyyyyyyyyyyyy!


__________________________________

This evening I went to a seminar put on by this company. Not to bad. Free food. Learned a lot. Wore Staple jewelry and got lots of comments. Came home with a Nanaimo Bar in my bag. I am going to make a great old lady!

8 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Or perhaps someone will admire you for being so passionate about your cause that he will fall
madly in love with you, just the way you are, no hair and all! :)

I bet you'll look great.

4:01 p.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

The RIGHT man will fall for you no matter how much or how little hair you have!! BEsides you might just like it:)
I so admire you for doing this, I am not that strong...To believe in something so much, how refreshing to see that any where in the world right now:):):):):)

7:10 p.m.  
Blogger mer said...

i always hear that good things happen when you least expect them to.. so who knows what your future man prospects have in store! maybe the short hair will draw them all in like super powers ;)

9:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool. So what's all the fuss anyway. If a guy sees something he likes, then so what if she doesn't have long hair. Hey you've got teeth, eyeballs and you ain't got a hand growin' outta your forehead so what's the problem. Stop worrying you're doing something for a worthy cause. You have courage and commitment. You're a leader not a follower so if a guy wants a woman like you then he had better start steppin' and pick up the pace cause you ain't backin' up.

2:22 a.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

You will still be beautiful with or without hair, if a man can't see that, then he ain't worth your time.

5:32 a.m.  
Blogger Jill said...

Hair grows back and a lot of men like shorter, sportier styles over long anyway. Plus, this wonderfully selfless act will fulfill you forever - something very special that you will be able to share with your next guy...whenever and wherever you meet! I wish you the very BEST!!

7:26 a.m.  
Blogger Bella said...

I think it is absolutley wonderful that you are shaving your head for this. I wouldn't worry about men and what they think. To be honest, if you find a man as a result of your hair, and he knew the reasons behind it and supported you, then you will know that you have a great man in your life. Maybe this will be a ticket to a good person coming your way. :)

In the mean time, YOU JUST CONCENTRATE ON THE RELAY AND NEVERMIND THE MEN! :)

9:24 a.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Mmmmmmm.... Nanaimo bars.....

Anyway, you'll be smashing. It's a wonderful thing you're doing. I'll be doing Relay for Life in August, probably WITH my hair, but marching proud knowing we're on the same team!

--Kelly

6:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket