Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I know I have been tagged, twice in fact but I can't remember who tagged me. I will work on it tomorrow. Too tired tonight. If you tagged me please remind me.

I was recognized at work today for doing the best in a department. It was very nice and also a surprise. I knew I had done well but didn't expect it to be brought up at a staff meeting in front of everyone. I had worked very hard in this particular area and put in a lot of research hours.

I had a really good sleep last night. Thank you everyone for your kid words over the last several days. You are all the best! I am going to go have a hot bath now. Later gator!


Received this e mail from a co-worker. You may have seen it. If not;

Dear Dogs and Cats,

The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.



The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.


I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years-canine or feline attendance is not mandatory.

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough!


To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our front door : Rules for Non-Pet Owners Who Visit and Like to Complain About Our Pets:
1. They live here. You don't.

2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the
furniture.(That's why they call it fur.)

3. I like my pets a lot better than most people.
4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

5 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Congrats on the recognizition. That has to make you feel good. We all need that from time to time.

6:09 a.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

I've read that before and it's great no matter how many times I read it.

7:39 a.m.  
Blogger Mary Lou said...

Sorry Barbara, It was NOT me that tagged you. Maybe it was Phyllis? I tagged Klondike Kate, Special K and Phyllis! But I will next time OK? :)

10:14 a.m.  
Blogger Terri said...

It's wonderful to be recognized for a job well done. Way to go!


Never read that before but I am emailing it to my sister, she'll love it.

10:17 a.m.  
Blogger Vickie said...

Congratulations for the recognition for your hard work. It helps to hear it, doesn't it? Awesome!

I'm glad you got some sleep. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Be good to yourself. You deserve it.

I love that email - it's wonderful.

I'm also glad that Blogger is recognizing me here. For a couple of days it was not. Yayyy!

2:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket