Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I was mistaken the other day when I said I had reached my goal for the Relay for Life! I was looking at the wrong spot on the website and I miscalculated. *sigh* Anyway, I have now hit my goal of $500.00! I have now raised my goal to $750.00 and I feel quite confident I will raise that too. If I am going to shave my head I want to make a good chunk of cash for the cancer society. 13 days and counting...

Tonight is date night. For me and my son! I am taking him to see Madagascar and out for pizza. He is the best date I have had in a very long time. Actually, he is the best date I have had ever. Speaking of dating I have decided something. I have decided to go one full year without dating. I am needing to find out more about myself. I have finally reached a point in my life where I do not feel the need to have a man in my life. (Only took 34 years.) So I will spend this next year working on a relationship with myself. I think the benefits will not be able to be counted. I expect it to be lonely at times, but lonely is not the end of the world. I want to see if I can do this.

***Update-Took The Boy to see Madagascar. Weak story line that's only saving grace was the celebrity voices. At the end of the movie I was wondering what the point was. I know it was a kids movie but at least a lesson is learned in most of them. Decent animation and a few chuckles but overall I would not recommend going to the theatre to see this one. Wait until it comes out on video. I would give this movie a 6/10. The Boy gives it 7/10.***

9 Comments:

Blogger KT said...

That is fantastic - good for you. Let me tell ya, I did the same thing at one pt in my life, and it was the smartest thing I ever did. Once you do that, I think you'll find you'll be operating from a much better place - esp when it comes to choosing potential dating partners etc.

Enjoy getting to know the most interesting person you'll ever know! :)

2:50 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that is a fabulous idea, in fact the 'experts' reccomend that. Hope it works for you and you find peace and serrenity.

~K!

3:59 p.m.  
Blogger ellen said...

What Kismet said....

7:13 p.m.  
Blogger Amy S. Petrik said...

hey -- don't wait a full year on purpose.... do what you have to do and if love comes knockn' answer the door. i went on a 6 year streak with nothing....it was terribly lonely. then i met a fucktard and i was stupid. now i'm back alone again...but avoiding all fucktards! ha ha ha... my manager approved my greeting card and coloring book idea for RELAY FOR LIFE. my designs that you see on my blog are going to be made into greeting cards and postcards and will be taking orders and 1/2 of the proceeds will go towards my donation to RELAY FOR LIFE in honor of my childhood friend who passed away July 13, 2004. Don't forget to snap a photo of thy self when you do shave your head! :) As for animated movies... I hate it when that happens about no story line and all that. I mean, bring back the animated movies of BEAUTY & THE BEAST, THE LITTLE MERMAID, etc. Babs, have a good rest of the weekend. Hugs, inky

10:05 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who needs a story line when you have good animation. They knew it was for kids so what the heck. I think it's a great idea to take some time for yourself. I wouldn't set a time on it because you never know what might pop up out of the bushes. Could be today, could be tomorrow, who the heck knows. Ellen is my second wife and we were married in 2001...I was divorced from my first wife in 1976. WHOA!!!...am I slow or what?? Now that's taking time to get to know yourself. Just had to wait for the right one. Hope you are having a lovely weekend and that your week goes good also.

11:45 p.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

I really should have done that between hubbys #1 and #2. Instead I carried all the baggage from #1 into marriage with #2.

It's hard to heal emotionally when you have someone adding more baggage. So I say, good for you!!!

5:48 a.m.  
Blogger Jezzy said...

A good relationship with yourself is the most important one.

And, as I read elsewhere, who needs a man when you can buy a step ladder, a jar opener and a vibrator?

7:38 p.m.  
Blogger BarbaraMG said...

Step ladder - Yup, have that.

Jar opener - Check.

Vibrator - Ccccheccckkkk. Yupppp, havvvve thhhhat too. Ohhhhhhhhhh, yeaaaaahh. Havvvve thhhhat toooooooo!

7:50 p.m.  
Blogger Jezzy said...

lol! *hugs Barbara*

6:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket