Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, May 06, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
In memory of Nana,
September 18, 1927 - May 6, 2004
~
~
~
If I had one lifetime wish,
And dreams that could come true.
I would pray to God,
With all my heart,
for yesterday and you.
If teardrops were a stairway
And memories a lane,
I would walk all the way to Heaven
And bring you back again.
A thousand prayers can't bring you back,
I know because I"ve tried.
And neither will a million tears,
I know because I"ve cried.
You left behind my broken heart
And a million dreams for you.
But I never wanted dreams,
I only wanted you.
~
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
~
After Glow
I’d like the memory of me
to be a happy one.
I’d like to leave an after glow
of smiles when life is done.
I’d like to leave an echo
whispering softly down the ways,
Of happy times and laughing times
and bright and sunny days.
I’d like the tears of those who grieve,
to dry before the sun
of happy memories
that I leave when life is done.
~
~
~
I miss you Nana...

9 Comments:

Blogger gal artist said...

That was beautiful!!!

*hugs*

6:12 a.m.  
Blogger David said...

One year and seems like a million to you. I so know the feeling. I am sorry for your loss. Spend this day treasuring your memories of this special lady.

7:26 a.m.  
Blogger Bella said...

I'm not sorry for your loss, I am happy for your gain. That's how I felt when my Nana died. I was happy because I knew her, because she loved me so much and because she loved to cook me oatmeal and bake me cakes. I gained all that and now I look forward to doing the same for my grandchildren. I am sorry that it hurts so much. Smile, cuz she's smilin at you. :)

9:48 a.m.  
Blogger Catherine said...

That was really beautiful Barbara and what a great picture. You are so lucky to have had your life touched in such a wonderful way.

10:06 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute. Keep writing!
~K!
kismet.blogs.com

11:01 a.m.  
Blogger Vickie said...

What a beautiful tribute, dear Barbara. **hugss** to you...

2:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I arrived here via Joe Cool.
Such a lovely poem. A very special way to remember your Nanas' anniversary. My Grandma has been gone for 19 years and I still miss her and think of her often.

9:13 p.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

THe tears in my eyes would express it all if you could see them.
(((((((hugs)))))))):)

9:13 p.m.  
Blogger Christine said...

That was beautiful! It's so obvious how much you love her. I know she loved you very much, too. (((hugs)))

12:28 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket