Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just spoke with my mom. The results were a clear scan all around. YAY! The spot on her liver was nothing so tonight I am so thankful. So thankful

She will now start 6 weeks of radiation. She will have to take the ferry everyday from here to Vancouver. Saturday and Sunday off. I knew little about chemotherapy and know even less about radiation. Will have to read up on it.

Last night I got about 3 hours of sleep so I am tired today. If I didn't go to Tim Horton's today I would have likely fallen asleep at my desk.

Let me tell you about me, my morning cup of coffee and Tim Horton's. I have hated coffee my entire adult life. As a kid the smell of it on people's breath made me want to gag. It was discusting. I have tried coffee on and off in my adult life and had never finished an entire cup because it is so vile and bitter. Until.

Until I tried a cup of Tim Horton's (french vanilla). If you are Canadian you know what Tim Horton's is. If you are an American you may have not heard. They sell doughnuts and other assorted fattening food. And. They. Sell. Coffee. Really good coffee. Addicting coffee.

When I became hooked I only got it on the days I worked. I would drop my kids off early at school so I could get to Tim Horton's to get my fix and still get to work on time. One morning last week due to traffic I didn't get my early morning manna. I thought no big deal, I can have a cup of coffee at work. They had that MJB shit in the green can. I took one sip and it sat on my desk until I dumped it at lunch time.

It has become a ritual for me. You will know tomorrow morning around 8:20 a.m. PST I will be waiting in line for my morning goodness. I will get to work at 8:30. I put my coffee down, open the blinds to the office, switch the phones over to daytime. After that I sit at my desk drink my coffee and say good morning to each of my co-workers that come in. The day will be a good one.

9 Comments:

Blogger Amy S. Petrik said...

hey you! just checking in... good to hear about your mom... will continue to pray for all of you though... the power of prayer really does work :) peace always, inky

10:33 p.m.  
Blogger Catherine said...

I am so thrilled to hear about your mom - I was VERY worried when you said there was a spot on her liver. I hope that you can take a moment to catch up on your sleep and that you are feeling better soon.

11:19 p.m.  
Blogger David said...

Great, great news on your Mom.

You HAVE to have coffee to get going. Some of the specialty brands are really good, french vanilla being one of them.

Now if you want BAD coffee, go to Turkey or Louisiana.

5:52 a.m.  
Blogger Vickie said...

That is great news about your mom. Yayyyy!

I still haven't gotten into coffee. But then, I don't know Tim Horton. ;)

I am still addicted to my icy cold Diet Pepsi in the mornings.

Hope you have a good day and get some rest soon.

6:51 a.m.  
Blogger Bella said...

That's great, Barbara. It's such a releif! I don't know your mom and even I couldn't wait to the news in hopes that it would be good.

I am a coffe fanatic. When Starbucks first came, I wasn't to thrilled about their coffee. Then they cameout with the Caramel Macchiato and I am now addicted! I love good strong coffe and not that MJB or Folgers crap. YUCK!

10:48 a.m.  
Blogger wanda said...

That's great news about your Mom!
Your Tim Hortons sounds like our Starbucks.

12:21 p.m.  
Blogger Terri said...

Ah yes...Tims. I love my large double double! With a Boston Creme on the side please. *drool*

Canadian and Tims go hand in hand.

Wondeful news about your Mom!

2:18 p.m.  
Blogger Bella said...

And I thought I was alone in my French Vanilla addiction. Good to know there are others.

:)

6:24 p.m.  
Blogger KinnicChick said...

What wonderful news!!! I'm so very happy for your mom, and for you!

6:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket