Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ransom for a pen?

I have a problem at work. I hate the pens they supply us with. They are those paper-mate ones that come a dozen to a box for about $3.00. They are total crap. They glop ink all over documents or are all scratchy. Anyway, I buy my own pens because of the amount of documenting I do at work. (I go through a pen about every 2 weeks. ) Anyway...purchasing guy came up to me last week and wanted to borrow a pen. I told him I would let him use it while he was at my desk but couldn't take it away. I went on to tell him that I buy them myself and I hide them every night because we have pen thieves in the office. He laughed at me and told me that he could find it. In my smart ass way I told him I doubted it. When I got to work this morning this was wrapped around one of the crap pens. I laughed so hard a co-worker came all the way from the upstairs office to see what I was laughing about. This was the note.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I am not very creative when it comes to comebacks or retaliation. Any suggestions?

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Yeah post a BIG note in a place that is seen by many.

There is a pen thief in the building. Reward for return of stolen pen.

Post his picture on the note.

7:48 a.m.  
Blogger Christine said...

I'm no good at come-back, either. Very funny, though! I hope your pen is returned safely to you!!

1:22 p.m.  
Blogger carmilevy said...

Send the doofus an invoice for the missing pen. It's especially appropriate given he's in purchasing.

Some people...

BTW, I found your blog via Christine over at Mommy Matters.

Cheers!

8:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket