Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, June 06, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It is odd the things we do when we are in a relationship. I did something when I met Kevin formerly known as boyfriend. I cut off contact with a guy that I met online 2 years before I even met .

I met BJ in a Yahoo game room. It wasn't a "chat room" but for some reason we started up a conversation that night. We became good friends. We talked on messenger and had the occasional phone call. BJ was there for me through some of the most difficult days of my life and I was there for him. (He lost his girlfriend a year prior to meningitis.) We didn't talk a lot, maybe 2 or 3 times a month. We laughed, cried, flirted and goofed off.
When I met the former boyfriend I felt I needed to tell him about my relationship with BJ. The former boyfriend was convinced BJ had a thing for me. So I stopped e mailing BJ. This is not a post to bash the former boyfriend. I am a woman who makes her own decisions and I made the decision to push BJ aside. It was a wrong decision.
A couple nights ago I had a very vivid dream about BJ and I woke up feeling very sad because I had burned a bridge. I never thought I would find him again but I sent him an e mail to an old address. He wrote back within 3 hours. He had missed me too.
I regret the decision I made because BJ and I have always been and will always be kindred spirits. I have never met him in person but our spirits are connected in a deep and true friendship.
I am thankful that God has allowed him to become a part of my life and I will never push him away again.

9 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Single Mom said...

It's a sad truth that we sometime push away our friends when a relationship starts, glad you see you got a second chance :-)

7:47 p.m.  
Blogger Jezzy said...

Those friendships *are* important. But it's easy to push them aside when you're scared of how appropriate they are or of how they might make your "other half" feel.
It's good that you're connected with him again.

10:34 p.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

I am glad you found your friend again!! :)

Sometimes when we begin a new relationship, we are so unsure and don't want to mess things up that we do things we regret.

5:46 a.m.  
Blogger wanda said...

Okay, first of all I LOVE this new look! It is just so happy and cheery.
You say you don't want to bash FB(former boyfriend) but, the fact is many of us do exactly what you did and it IS because of the new man in our lives. We don't do it because it's what we want to do, I mean come on what woman ever thought she had too many friends? We do it because our new love uses these subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) little hints, he's not getting enough attention, ect. It's not just our friends either. Often we will sacrifice our relationships with our own families in order to passify the new man in our life.
What we fail to take into account is when (when, not IF) the guy moves on, it's those friends and family we will need to lean on after he's broken our heart.
I'm glad you and BJ reconnected. Don't let him slip away this time!!

11:47 a.m.  
Blogger Christine said...

I'm so glad you were able to find him so easily! Enjoy your "new" friendship!

12:12 p.m.  
Blogger Peanutt said...

That is great! I'm glad you were able to make contact with an old friend again! Always makes a person feel good!
Have a great day!

12:27 p.m.  
Blogger Bella said...

It's good therapy, girl. That is awesome! I am happy to read that you are going on with life and choosing to make those you love a part of it. :)

2:39 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so happy you re-connected to BJ.... and I got that you weren't bashing FB-K. It's okay, I cut off my mom and dad at the EX-B*****'s request for 18 YEARS. But I have reconnected with them and they now get to meet and know their grandkids. And if I might, Wanda, it's not always the GUY who moves on......sometimes we have no choices left.

6:14 p.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

absolutely everything happens for a reason. EVERYTHING!

7:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket