Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just a quick hello tonight. I have to work tomorrow on my day off (again) so I am running around like a mad thing.

I just hit $1000.00 for my head shave. Can you believe it!? I am overwhelmed.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I can't sleep. I could have a glass of wine or an ativan but neither appeals so here I am. And what am I going to write about? Daddy Long Legs. Do you have any idea how much I love these spiders? They have to be the cutest spider around. Even their name makes me smile. Go ahead. Say "Daddy Long Legs" and try not to smile. They walk around on legs as thin as a piece of hair and that cute little ball for a body. I remember being about 3 and sitting under the back stairs where I would play with them. (Yes, perhaps I was an odd little girl.) I never did the typical childhood game of pulling off the legs. I would just sit and let them crawl on my hand and then set them free again. As an adult I am a big fan of spiders. Yes, some of them are ugly but they can't help it. They are amazing creatures. If I see one in my home I do one of two things. I watch it for a while then go about my life or I catch it, show it to my kids then set her free outside where I know she will be happy.

Does anyone else love spiders? Please tell me I am not the only one!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com




10 Comments:

Blogger wanda said...

Your head shave? Your going to shave your head? Oh wow, this I want to see!!!

10:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I do not share your love for spiders ;)

Many of them bite and they always seem to pick me. Nasty bites I might add.

5:08 a.m.  
Blogger Kim said...

You're the only one. Blah! You let them crawl on you?

6:43 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh yeah, I'm pretty sure you are the only one, well except for maybe my 4yo who likes to let them crawl on him also...but I am trying to nip that pleasure!

~K!

10:32 a.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

I hate hate HATE spiders. I'm one of the girls who shreeks for someone to kill it. If one crawls on me, I tend to scream, and jump around. Last time one got on me, I almost launched myself over the back of the couch in my panic.

11:43 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUGE wolf spider in the tub today. Not worriesome but still had to flush him......I don't mind them , but wouldn't say I like them

Hey you taking pledges for the head shave, since I am just across the Strait, maybe I could bring over a cheque? Say $25..... things are really tight with me moving out finally and ex taking over the house, otherwise I'd do more....

2:06 p.m.  
Blogger ellen said...

Ew, daddy long leg spiders creep me out. The house I grew up in had a half basement, and those things abounded down there, along with the musty smell of damp mold.

Good for you on the head shaving.

2:46 p.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

Daddy long legs don't bother me they are one of the few spiders that I just let be. I have many of them around the house. Just about anything other then that I am a screaming banshee running away!!!!

7:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spiders do have a purpose...eating other bugs. Daddy long legs have never been my favorite. When you bother them they emitt a sweet sickening oder that I dislike. Also did you know that they are one of the only spiders that don't spin webs. There are deadly spiders and good spiders out there and I just don't mess with any of them. They're all yours.

5:36 p.m.  
Blogger Anita said...

Yes, I love spiders! I think they are awesome. Some of them are really scary but most are harmless and fascinating. I never kill spiders at home or work. Long ago, I found the scariest looking spider ever in my kitchen and kept him in a jar until I could figure out what it was - it was a carnivorous sun spider! He died in captivity, I'm afraid, but that's probably okay. It looked like he couldn've eaten my children.

10:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket