Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, June 17, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
On 54 Ladybugs
~
As I was sitting at my computer The Girl approached me with, "Close your eyes I have a surprise for you". I closed my eyes and waited for her usual butterfly kiss or hug. I waited. She has a cold so I could hear her breathing through her mouth. I waited more. She told me this was going to take a long time but to be patient. More mouth breathing and the occasional sniffle. I could feel her hair brush my cheek as she leaned in front on me over and over again. She was obviously excited about what she was doing. She told me several times, " You are going to love this". I could hear paper rumpling and more sniffling. I waited for about 5 minutes with my eyes closed while she finished whatever it was she was doing. Finally she excitedly told me to open my eyes. When I did she I saw my monitor decorated around the perimeter with her favourite lady bug stickers. 54 to be exact. We counted them. What a wonderful gift from the heart. I know she loved her stickers and had been saving them for a special occasion. They will be on there until I replace the monitor. Every time I look at it now I will think of her thoughtful gift and be thankful for her.
~~~~~
On Housework
~
I have been so busy the last few days. Things sort of fell apart here when I was getting ready for the relay and also having to work on my days off. My place is never really messy. It is also never really clean. I don't like spending time doing housework! I would rather spend my time off with my kids. You have probably read the little poem of "Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow, for babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow...". I have tried to take that as my motto and let my place get messy. I forsake washing the kitchen floor in order to spend time with my kids. When my kids are at school and I am off I spend that time running around so I can spend time with my kids when they come home. My time with them is already all too short. They are growing up fast and my heart aches to know my time with them is not forever.

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow,
For babies grow up, we learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my babies because babies don't keep.

5 Comments:

Blogger Queen on the run said...

What a wonderful gift!!!!
I need to pay more attention to that poem!

12:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait until you try to (eventually) get those stickers off.

Touching though. Very. The kind of thing to brighten up a day.

6:12 a.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

Kids do the sweetest things.

I have to remember that poem, I really like it.

7:04 a.m.  
Blogger wanda said...

How sweet of your daughter! And ladybugs no less! I love ladybugs.

That poem has been my motto for so long that I've grown accoustomed to the lived in look of my house.

3:12 p.m.  
Blogger Jezzy said...

loved the poem - so true.

10:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket