Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
On the Last Day of School
~
That dreaded day has come. Tomorrow is the last day of school. It is always a very emotional day for me. Not because I am dreading the summer but because my babies are growing so fast. I feel like I have blinked and they were 9 & 7. So many parents hate the summer because they don't want their kids around for over 2 months. I love the summer because I get to spend more time with my kids. They are the light in my life.
This evening was there end of year ceremonies. And I cried. I am so proud of them. My daughter read a little story and my son sang a song. I wish I could have frozen that moment in time. There are so many moments I wish I could have frozen in time. As I watched them tears ran down my cheeks and it hurt. Oh, but such a precious hurt.
~~~
On Cutting and Gluing
~
Went to work sick and came home early. My boss took compassion on my germy self and let me cut out little slips of paper all morning long. A job my 7 year old would have done well. And this leads me to a little known secret about me. I can't cut in a straight line! It always ends up all jaggedy and crooked. If I cut out a rectangle it ends up in a parallelogram. It is embarrassing to be 34 and still not able to do a task that you need to do to graduate kindergarten.
Anyway, I am home and going to get into my pajamas and watch afternoon television. Wonder if anything worth watching is on?

5 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

Please feel better soon! **hugss**

And hey, for the record...I can't cut a straight line either. ;-)

3:29 p.m.  
Blogger Jezzy said...

Barbara - I used to get into trouble at school for not being able to cut straight.

And then my parents bought me left handed scissors and my problems were solved.

Hope you're feeling better. x

7:19 p.m.  
Blogger David said...

Last day of school? Just where do you live? I am lost obviously. And I am not blond.

1:09 p.m.  
Blogger Vickie said...

And....you're a good mom. **sigh**

And more hugs! Feel better please.

2:35 p.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

I am sooo watching tv in bed for the rest of the day after I am done on this contraption.

4:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket