Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
On Low-fat Muffins
~
I worked today on my day off again but managed to get off early. I am still not %100 healthy but definitely improved. Another day or two I am sure I will be back to normal.
First day for the kids at daycare and I can see I chose the right daycare. Why? This is around the corner and on my way to work! Granted I can drive in any direction in this city and hit a Tim Horton's but this one is really close.
I actually have a beef with Tim Horton's. They have changed their low-fat muffin recipe from bran to this white flour crap. I don't eat many products that are made from white flour. I gave it up about a year ago and replaced it for whole-wheat products. I now find white pasta, breads, crackers etc awful. So anyway, they have now made my favourite low-fat bran cranberry muffins into something I won't eat. I even wrote a letter of complaint to the website. They wrote back and told me they would not be changing them back. Is it just me or does it seem ridiculous that they would take something that people obviously buy because they are health-conscious and make it less healthy?

3 Comments:

Blogger Queen on the run said...

AMEN:)

9:38 p.m.  
Blogger Bella said...

What a bunch of morons. I hate restaurants that change something. First of all, if people are buying it, as is, then what's the purpose of changing it? Because some moron marketing meathead thought it would be a good change? What happened to the traditional value of preserving your favorites?

Ihate McDonald's and most every other fast food restaurant out there but everyone is always going crazy over how good their fries are. Can you imagine if McDonald's decided to change the grease they fry them in? People would go nuts. I think people would stop going.

2:40 p.m.  
Blogger Amy S. Petrik said...

hey friend, it's been about 24 days since i read anyone's blogs. sorry about that. i was you know preoccupied with my trip to calif. and other personal crap going on. i've missed your witty blogging though!!! anyways....am home at my mom's for the night. got a good check up with a brand new doctor who literally took 3 full hours of his own time to LISTEN and check me out. and he's treating me how a doctor should. anyways, just wanted to say hi and all that groovy stuff! have a good weekend, peace out, amy

PS: I've sold $282 worth of my greeting cards so far. Am donating 25% of my total proceeds to RELAY FOR LIFE. Our walk is on July 22nd.

9:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket