Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
On Prayers Greatly Appreciated.
~
Went to see my mom today and she is the sickest I have seen her since she was diagnosed with cancer. The radiation treatments are on the top part of her abdomen and making her vomit continuously and have severe diarrhea. Her spirits are very low. I am usually the one to cheer her up at least a little but today she was saying she just wants to die. I really didn't know what to do for her. I did go and buy her some new cotton sheets and nighties because she had been sleeping in flannel bed sheets. Other than that I felt helpless. She has 3 weeks left of daily radiation so it is not going to be over soon.

7 Comments:

Blogger gal artist said...

I am sorry your mom is going through this. I remember how sick my mom was from the radiation and chemo she recieved. I also remember that helpless feeling as you watch someone you love go through that. You wish you could battle the illness for them, you wish you could take the pain and sickness away, but you are helpless and it's frustrating. The only thing you can do is hold on and be there for them.

Take care, Hun, and if you need to talk or vent, just give a holler.

6:51 a.m.  
Blogger David said...

I am so sorry. There is the belief that things get the darkest before they get better. Just try to keep her spirits up and work her way through the treatments. Best wishes her way and to you as well.

7:42 a.m.  
Blogger Jill said...

I am so, so sorry to hear this about your mom. You are both in my prayers. jk

7:56 a.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

Your mom is in my thoughts and prayers always. As are you. I hate that your mom is going through this, no one should have to EVER. She is so strong to be dealing with all of this and feeling so terrible. I know you want to take away her pain.I am sorry I don't know what else to say. This sucks. If you need to talk just let me know, I am here. I will even meet you at the border.

2:24 p.m.  
Blogger Catherine said...

I am praying for your mom and you. I'm reaching out with a huge hug, I hope you can feel it.

7:22 p.m.  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I'm so sorry about your mom. It's so hard to watch someone we love struggle with such a horrible disease. Prayers are out there for you and your family.

7:42 a.m.  
Blogger mer said...

my prayers are with you during this very difficult time..

4:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket