Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, June 13, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
On Weight Loss
I have a problem with food. I don't eat because I am bored, lonely, sad or depressed. I eat because I like to eat! I love food! I love all kinds of food. So when all the dieting experts ask us to ask ourselves why we eat I don't have a deep unknown demon I am wrestling. I just love to eat. I have tried to keep at a decent weight but I can't when I want to eat the contents of fridge and cupboard. So I have decided to increase my physical activity from (cough) nothing to 30 minutes a day. I have done it in the past and I actually really enjoy being active. So you all have to help! If you see the above ticker disappear one day it means I gave up. So make sure you ride my ass if it does! I would like to point out I did not choose the ticker made of little pieces of pie. That's a start! Mmmm. Bumbleberry pie...
I have a big job ahead of me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Being Bald.
When I first decided to shave my head I was concerned. What was I going to look like? What if I hated it? Would I have to call in sick for the next month until it grew out? Well I didn't have to worry about any of those things. I love it! It feels fantastic and I don't have to do a thing to it in the morning. I have had everyone compliment on it! So, I have decided to keep it this way for the summer! I feel so liberated with this new hairdo. I recommend everyone at least try going bald at least once. It's great!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Smoking
I can't believe I did not mention it in my previous post about potential suitors. (See June 7 & 8) but Christine over at Mommy Matters reminded me of something. I will never, ever not in a million years and not if he was the last man on earth date a smoker. I think it is vile and disgusting and it causes cancer. (You all know how I feel about cancer!) Moreover, I am deathly allergic to cigarette smoke and spent a great deal of time in the hospital and money for inhalers and steriod medications because of cigarette smoke. I hate it. And I don't apologize to all the smokers out there I may have offended. Smoking is offensive. So quit! So there!
~~
I know many of my lovely readers do smoke. I DO love all of YOU though!
~~~~
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
~~
Just not the cigarettes.
25 minutes on the mini-trampoline

11 Comments:

Blogger Amy S. Petrik said...

Hey!
Sorry I've been on vacation so haven't been around to see if you shaved your head or if anything else has happened. I promise to read up when I get back home. Peace, inky

10:56 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go. Live, be free, and dont' stress about the weight. Vickie has a great poem about us being happy with who we are. If you eat right, exercise regularly, and take care of yourself, it'll happen by itself.

As for the hair. Been there, done that, love it short.

Smoking, Denise has quit now for four weeks, she should be congratulated. Me too about dating non-smokers only.

4:16 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im glad you are a happy baldy. Just think, you already lost a few ounces when you lost the hair, off to a good start. "LOL" re: your comment at my place!

11:57 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always nice to eat healthy..we live longer :)

I don't smoke and will keep it this way!! :)

Umm, kindly update the url addy of my blog..hopefully, this is it and you won't have to do it over again. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

7:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always nice to eat healthy..we live longer :)

I don't smoke and will keep it this way!! :)

Umm, kindly update the url addy of my blog..hopefully, this is it and you won't have to do it over again. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

7:12 p.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

THis is weird I just posted a whole wopping big thing on changing my life and losing weight being right there at the top of the list. Starting today! I have soooo much more weight to lose then you do. I think you are lucky that you only have a few pounds that you want gone. I have 194 to lose...wish me luck, I am gonna need it.!!!!!!

8:59 p.m.  
Blogger wanda said...

I love food too!! It's my favorite thing to eat.
I don't like the smell of cigarette smoke, but i've learned to live with it.
As for the bald thing, it sounds great I just don't know if I can be that brave.

12:50 a.m.  
Blogger Jezzy said...

I love food too.

I have also gained about 15 pounds since I got married and really want to lose it - I'm with you babe.

And i've never dated a smoker but I kissed one once. Never again.

4:24 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your shaved head!!! I wish I had the moxie!!! I will definitely wish you luck on the weight. I'm trying to lose a few myself. I am really convinced that its just making better choices in what I eat and lots of biking in the summertime. As for the knitting Barbara, just go to a yarn shop in your area and ask if they provide any classes. That's how I learned anyway.

4:50 a.m.  
Blogger David said...

Ditto and I need someone to motivate me as well. Want to work together?

9:01 a.m.  
Blogger sk8rn said...

weight loss - I too love to eat and seem to be gaining some weight from this frequent indulgence. I keep telling myself to exercise, but can't get motivated to start. What gets you motivated to exercise every day?

bald - yes, I shaved my head once. I loved running my hand over the bristles of hair. Unfortunately, I didn't look so hot with it, though. Didn't get any compliments and didn't realize how unflattering it was until I got my film developed... after my hair had already grown out. I'm not sure if that was better or worse time for the revelation, but at least I know not to do it again. Glad your 'do looks better on you!

smoking - tell me about it! Kissing smokers is like licking an ashtray! But smokers, I do know it's harder to quit than heroine, so my sympathies are with you, though my tongue will stay out of your mouth. ;-)

9:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket