Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
On Complimenting!
~
I am in! Are you?
~~~~~
On Wondering
~
I am starting to wonder if true love really does exist. I am told that when I am not looking I will find someone. Well I am not looking right now and not interested in being in a relationship so how am I going to find someone? If "he" comes along I am not going to want to be with him because I don't want to be even dating right now. I know, it doesn't make any sense to me either.
Seriously though. I read so many of your blogs and it seems you are indeed married to wonderful men. I am now at a stage in my life when I am asking myself of there really is someone for everyone or do you just end up with the person who pisses you off the least. Right now I just see men as a pain in the ass that will change a lightbulb I can't reach or wash dishes and I in turn need to f*** him. Excuse the vulgarity but that is how I feel. Why is it that (many) men only do nice things because they want a good b-j? Last boyfriend was the prime example. When my mom was diagnosed with cancer and I had so much on my plate I could barely stay awake each night until 9:00 he breaks up with me. He said the "passion" was gone. Well fuck you! Passion my ass. I just was too tired have s#x so you said the passion was gone. Yah. Whatever.
OK, I didn't mean to start venting. I didn't even know I was feeling this shlt until just now.
So anyway. My point. I honestly don't think love is for real. I want to know what you think. Have you ever felt a true love? I am really interested what my male readers have to say too. ( I think there are 3 of you.) If you have been in a long-term relationship for at least 2 years let me know. Have you ever really felt a true and deep love?
~~~~
On My Mom
~
Talked to her tonight on the phone again. Talked to her while supper was cooking and it became very well done. I don't care though. I miss her so much! She is feeling much better and very relaaaaaaaxed. A large part thanks to whatever medications they have her on. They are considering keeping her in the hopital for the radiation treatments now because of how she has responded but won't know for sure until Monday.

7 Comments:

Blogger gal artist said...

I think true love starts as excited passion but fades into a warm, comfortable place. Too many times, people think that true love has to stay at the place it started, and that is why there are so many divorces and break ups. True love is respectful, caring and giving. True love does not just involve sex, that is just a side benefit, true love means being best friends, being there for each other no matter what, excepting each other's faults as well as good points. And working things out when it seems impossible.

True love grows and becomes stronger over time. It does not fade away with passion.

Ok, I am done with my novel now. :)


Did you see the movie 'The Notebook'? I can't think of a better movie that relays what true love is.

5:19 a.m.  
Blogger KT said...

Ditto on "The Notebook"!! Perfect example.

7:15 a.m.  
Blogger Jezzy said...

I adore my hubby and I see him as a wonderful person who I love living with.

But he's not my soulmate.

And I wasn't naive enough to think that he would be, that he would suddenly "get" me and we'd have this deep emotional and intellectual connection.

That's never gonna happen.

But I don't think that passion is necessary for a good marriage. I enjoy my life with him, he supports me, he makes me laugh and he treats me well. We love and respect each other and shower each other with love and affection.

That to me is more important than some soul searching passion that we'll never feel for each other - because that's the stuff that gets you through each day.
x

11:06 p.m.  
Blogger Vickie said...

Life and love are complicated - and I have been known to hook up with with the wrong guy...and it's maddening.

Passion can encompass many things - not just sex. Passion is what drives life. It's deep committment and the ability to stick things out for the long-term. Passion is what makes life worth living and makes us get up each morning. Passion makes us dream and hope and look forward to the future.

I think your ex-bf missed the point. Really.

You know...right now, I don't want to date anyone. I don't want to be in love with anyone. I'm focusing on me and what I want. I am so tired of trying to figure out what someone else wants and them not standing by me when times get tough. So, we're kinda in the same boat - you and me.

Hang in there and take care of yourself, Barbara. There are good men out there. We both know there are. When the time is right - it'll be right. Until then, I'm not pushing for anything...

**hugss**

5:42 a.m.  
Blogger Kara said...

yes, love exists. what's that song? "...it's not always rainbows and butterflies, it's compromise..." that's whay i can say after 10 years of married life. i love my dh very much. we were friends first. involved w/ other ppl for the first few years we knew each other so we knew we were compatible before we got married. now that parenthood, bills, grad school, etc create a lot of noise in our lives and there's less time for the crazed passion that marked the begining of our relationship... we still have a solid friendship and that's what gets us through the rough spots.

i hope you find the love you want, need, and deserve.

6:23 p.m.  
Blogger wanda said...

Whatever you do, DO NOT marry someone just to have 'someone' in your life. Trust me on this one.

I do believe in 'soulmates'. I do believe there is the kind of love that lasts a lifetime.
I think the biggest problem lies in that some people are so lonely or afraid of being alone they hook up with and marry the wrong person. Sometimes over and over.

12:26 a.m.  
Blogger Willow said...

Much like Jezzy, my husband isn't my soulmate either. You can get past that though. And he's learning he gets BJ's whe I feel like giving them. LOL! (Had to chuckle at that part of your post.)

Surfed in via BE.

10:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket