Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, July 01, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
On How to be an EVIL Mom
~
I posted last month that I would be making my kids do homework during the summer. The thing I didn't know was the amount of effort it would be to be an EVIL mom. It takes a lot of time each week to pull together a couple of math and phonics sheets for each day! I am not doing this as much for The Girl as I am for The Boy. Now I have rarely bashed their father but his he will do a job half-assed if he can get away with it. I am sad to say that The Boy is the same way and because of it he is not doing well as he could be in school. Like his dad he is extremely intelligent and could be doing so much more than he is. When his dad was in college he never studied. I am the opposite. What I lack in intelligence I make up in perseverance. When I graduated from college I graduated with a 4.0 and at the top of my class. Intelligent? Nope. Just determined to do well and putting 10 hours a day into studying on top of class work. Anyway, I am getting off track. The Boy is intelligent and could be breezing through his schoolwork if he just put in the effort. Because he does not put in the effort he has not learnt the skills and facts he needs to know at the end of grade 3. That is why I am doing a summer program. I hope it will give him a chance to catch up on the skills he is lacking.
~~~~~
On Dishes
~
Do you ever have so many dirty dishes that it would be easier to just throw them all in the garbage and buy new ones than wash them? It would have been a good day to do that because I had so many dirty dishes on my counter that I had to wash them throughout the day in cycles. Fill the sink. Let them soak for an hour. Wash them. Did this 4 times. I really am disgusting.
~~~~~
On Garlic Bread in Bed
~
What possessed me let The Girl eat toasted garlic bread in my bed last night? Do you have any idea how scratchy that is? If not, go toast a few slices of bread then take a knife and scrape it all over your sheets.

2 Comments:

Blogger Phyllis said...

Hope you had a Happy and SAFE Canada Day!
I can relate to the dishes! I live alone and HATE housecleaning. Last year I finally disciplined myself into making sure all my dishes were washed before I go to bed each night. So far so good. Even when I'm sick I seem to do it by habit and no problem now....gee, if I could only teach myself to keep the floors clean!

3:38 a.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

My son was the same way, smart but absolutely made no effort to do good in school, my daughter was the real brains and breezed through school with high honors.

Guess which one has made more of a success out of his life?

My son.

Go figure.

But I am really proud of him, he has made a real effort when it really counted.

And you don't even want to get me started on dishes, I have 2 adult children in the house, you would THINK they would offer to do them once in a while.

I've been buying paper plates and plastic cups, a whole lot easier than spending my day in front of the sink.

6:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket