Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
On the Moth That Refused to Die
~
This morning at work I found a moth on the pavement outside my office. I did not want her to get stepped on so I picked her up and put her to the side where she would be safe. She fluttered and landed back on the pavement. It was obvious she was dying so I brought her to my desk where I let her rest in a little box. A checked her often and about an hour later she died. I kept her on my desk thinking I would take her home for the kids to see. As I was chatting with a client about 2 hours later the moth came alive! I was so excited I forgot that I was talking to a client and called a coworker over and we watched her flutter around then take off somewhere in the office. I had no idea where she went and had to finish with the client I was with. I had not forgot about her and kept my eyes open for her. I found her about an hour later on the floor. She was dead (again). I picked her up and showed her to the aforesaid coworker and we again mourned the loss of the lovely creature. I took her back to my desk and put her back in her little box. Around 3:30 I heard a fluttering and looked up to see the moth alive and well. She flew around my desk for about a minute. I put my hand out and she landed on it and fluttered her feather like wings. She was not able to fly and I decided to take her outside. I placed her out of the sun. She fluttered to the pavement and I picked her up again. I didn't know what to do with her. She was so delicate and small and I didn't want her to suffer. I held her for a few moments then all of a sudden she fluttered her wee wings and flew off. I was so happy! When I was leaving work at 4:00 I saw a white moth fluttering around. My lovely moth friend was alive and well. It made me glad.
The End
~
She looked just like this. Isn't she beautiful?


6 Comments:

Blogger gal artist said...

She is just lovely!!!

6:58 a.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

A lot of Moths are nocturnal almost to the point of being comatose during the day. She just kept passing out on you ;)

7:31 a.m.  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Maybe she is part cat and had nine lives.....maybe not...

You remind me of a friend I have that is so tenderhearted for all animals and insects. She cries at the sight of every dead animal at the side of the road...:)

8:05 a.m.  
Blogger wanda said...

Okay, if she came back to life, she wasn't really dead! I was thinking maybe it was a hangover from too much partying.
How lucky for her that YOU found her.

1:16 p.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

You are so strange and I love you so much!

9:35 p.m.  
Blogger Anita said...

The pretty moth had narcolepsy! Duh! I do the same thing with critters and people here think I am insane.

4:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket