Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
On the Moth That Refused to Die
~
This morning at work I found a moth on the pavement outside my office. I did not want her to get stepped on so I picked her up and put her to the side where she would be safe. She fluttered and landed back on the pavement. It was obvious she was dying so I brought her to my desk where I let her rest in a little box. A checked her often and about an hour later she died. I kept her on my desk thinking I would take her home for the kids to see. As I was chatting with a client about 2 hours later the moth came alive! I was so excited I forgot that I was talking to a client and called a coworker over and we watched her flutter around then take off somewhere in the office. I had no idea where she went and had to finish with the client I was with. I had not forgot about her and kept my eyes open for her. I found her about an hour later on the floor. She was dead (again). I picked her up and showed her to the aforesaid coworker and we again mourned the loss of the lovely creature. I took her back to my desk and put her back in her little box. Around 3:30 I heard a fluttering and looked up to see the moth alive and well. She flew around my desk for about a minute. I put my hand out and she landed on it and fluttered her feather like wings. She was not able to fly and I decided to take her outside. I placed her out of the sun. She fluttered to the pavement and I picked her up again. I didn't know what to do with her. She was so delicate and small and I didn't want her to suffer. I held her for a few moments then all of a sudden she fluttered her wee wings and flew off. I was so happy! When I was leaving work at 4:00 I saw a white moth fluttering around. My lovely moth friend was alive and well. It made me glad.
The End
~
She looked just like this. Isn't she beautiful?


8 Comments:

Blogger deni said...

She is just lovely!!!

6:58 AM  
Blogger ddddddddddddddddddddd said...

grampa joe used to say that those were the kissed he was sending to mom and then give her butterfly kisses on the cheek with his eyelashes to remind her of that. And he chose those because the white color is so pure, like the love of a father for a child.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

A lot of Moths are nocturnal almost to the point of being comatose during the day. She just kept passing out on you ;)

7:31 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Maybe she is part cat and had nine lives.....maybe not...

You remind me of a friend I have that is so tenderhearted for all animals and insects. She cries at the sight of every dead animal at the side of the road...:)

8:05 AM  
Blogger wanda said...

Okay, if she came back to life, she wasn't really dead! I was thinking maybe it was a hangover from too much partying.
How lucky for her that YOU found her.

1:16 PM  
Blogger candytuft said...

Maybe she's just sleeping when you found her..umm, maybe just day dreaming :)

7:30 PM  
Blogger thequeen said...

You are so strange and I love you so much!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Ms. Q said...

The pretty moth had narcolepsy! Duh! I do the same thing with critters and people here think I am insane.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket