Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, July 04, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
On PMS and Adding a Photo and My Mom
~
Just in case it all interests you I have PMS. I have cramps and I am bloated. I am crabby too.
~
I decided to finally add a photo. The photo in my profile is me with hair. I love having short hair until I see some knockout woman with long hair then I feel boyish and dumpy looking. I do not look at all like Sinead, Demi or Annie. I still get lots of compliments (only from women) and comments on it so I am keeping it short because it is my way to arising awareness about cancer.
~
My mom is still very sick. I am going through a strange emotion that I have never felt before. I am afraid of her. I don't know this person that tells me to leave her alone and go home. I don't know this person that tells me that she wants to die and that I have no idea what she is going through. So I have been avoiding her for the last couple of weeks. I feel sad that I feel this way because she is my best friend.
~~
PS- Blogger does not recognize PMS as a word. What a bunch of assholes.


SCRAM!
Not really because I really do love you all very much!

10 Comments:

Blogger Jezzy said...

*hugs Barbara*

It must be hard with what you're going through with your mother. I'm thinking about you, I hope you're okay.

btw - nice photo - you're cute. x

12:30 a.m.  
Blogger Sally said...

Thank you so much for your visit, Barbara, and words of encouragement.

I'm sorry to learn of your mother's illness, so sorry.

4:48 a.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

Hang in there Barbara, I know how depressing it is when someone you love has cancer.

I hope your mom feels better soon and she beats this.

5:58 a.m.  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I watched my FIL struggle with cancer and it was horrible.

You don't look boyish or dumpy but I know what you mean. It's the same reason why I'm afraid to cut my hair.

11:56 a.m.  
Blogger wanda said...

PMS sucks!
I think you're brave for shaving your head and for such a great cause. I doubt you look boyish or dumpy.
This thing with your Mom is a very natural process. She's pushing you away because she is afraid. Have you ever been around a wounded animal? As much as they need your help, they will growl at you anyway. It's much the same with humans. My heart aches for both of you.

3:46 p.m.  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

Hey, I just finished and it was a bad one! Very crampy :p

I'm the same way about hair. I think my hair looks more professional short, but then I notice all the women with long hair and miss it. I'm growing it out now - it's past my shoulders again, but it just isn't the same as it was when I was a teen. UGH. I hate that.

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. I will be so sad if I have to go through that. It is so hard taking care of aging parents/grandparents. I just watched my Grandma struggle with the slow deterioration of her mother (my great grandmother.) The pain and diseases like Alzeheimers really change their personality - they become angry and bitter... I'm so sorry. Hang in there and just keep letting your Mom know you're there and you love her. {{HUG}}

Love the Oscar pic.

8:03 a.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

Go see your mom!!!!!! Afraid of her or not go see your mom!!!!!!!!! RIGHT NOW!!!!!

9:39 a.m.  
Blogger KinnicChick said...

Barbara, I'm so sorry that your mom is having such a difficult time and that you are having to experience that with her. Big hugs to you, sweetie.

3:11 p.m.  
Blogger Sleeping Mommy said...

I am so close to my mother and can't imagine what it would be like to be going through what you are.

I'm so sorry that this is happening to your mom and your family.

5:32 p.m.  
Blogger Crazy Single Mom said...

Hugs to you Barbara, It's a natural emotion you are feeling. And I like youf pic!

6:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket