Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
On Streptococcal Bacteria Ruining a Perfectly Good Day Off
~
I had been feeling unwell this last week but still managed to go to work, walk 10, 000 steps a day (about 7 K), ride my bike, play soccer, go to the beach for a swim, hike and take the kids to the park every night.
Until yesterday. I had gone to work and worked all day but could barely make it into my house I was feeling so lousy. I decided to give in and go to the doctor. He said I had a severe case of Strep Throat and discussed at length about making sure I finish my antibiotics and resting . I always finish antibiotics but resting sucks! My body forces me to rest today because I am dehydrated and have a fever and I can't stand-up but I wanna go outside and playyyyyyyy! (sniffle) Sick is only ever fun if there is a s#xy man around willing to play doctor. But alas. There is not.
~~~~
On the Diet
~
Going well. Lost 4 pounds in about 3 weeks. I had started earlier but like anything I do I research the hell out of it before I actually tackle it. Three weeks ago I decided to walk at least 10, 000 steps a day and running when I can. The weight is coming off ever slowly but it is coming off right. I have battled weight for years and lost 60 pounds about 4 years ago. I had put about 20 of that on and am now taking it off again.
~~~~
Did You Know?
~
It takes me walking 7 days a week, an hour and a half a day at a fast pace to lose one pound? I have to burn 3, 500 calories to shed a lousy pound! Did you further know I can ingest that many calories at one trip to a fast food restaurant? It makes me pay very careful attention to what I eat because I don't want it to take almost 11 hours of walking to burn off one meal.
~~~~
Back to Bed
~
I just read this post and it doesn't make sense at some parts but I don't feel well enough to fix it. Sleep is calling.

8 Comments:

Blogger Amy S. Petrik said...

i deleted gypsy. i am still exploring my blog of artwork "wet ink wisdom" ... just wanted to let you know. amy

http://wetinkwisdom.blogspot.com/

5:20 p.m.  
Blogger Jezzy said...

Eh - I'm trying to lost about 10 kilos - about the same amount as you are. It's sooooo hard! I eat well, exercise, and eventually, I lose one of them.
And then it comes back the next day! Gaaaah!!!
Stupid weight.

7:02 p.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

Congrats on the weight loss, it is better to lose it slowly.

I used to be 70 pounds overweight, I walked it off and watched what I ate. That was 11 years ago and I am still maintaining my weight.

I hope you feel better soon.

2:28 a.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

I hate being sick, and I whine a lot when I am lol.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

7:38 a.m.  
Blogger Colleen said...

Congrats on the weight loss.
Being sick is the pitts your a lot better than I am, I never finish the anitbiotics. The key is to rest...

10:02 a.m.  
Blogger Bella said...

It made sense to me. Especially the part about burning less calories than you eat. Ugh!

I hope you feel better soon. I have Strep every year. It faithfully pays me a visit sometimes between Thanksgiving and Christmas but always manages to skip or get better in time before the holiday.

1:21 p.m.  
Blogger Amy S. Petrik said...

hi, im back. same person. different name: come visit.

11:09 p.m.  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I've never had strep, thank goodness, and I hope I never do. I'm really bad at taking medicine too so it takes me longer to get better.

You are inspiring me to exercise more. Now if I could just apply my thoughts into action!

11:31 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket