Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, September 26, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Not much going on today. Day off and I am doing nothing, though I should be cleaning the pigsty I call a home. I am feeling angry today because I read something my asshole of an ex-boyfriend wrote. He wrote in a personal ad (at American Singles) that he has learned "not to rush into things because you may miss the warning signs". Seeing as how I am the only long-term relationship he has ever had (he is 43) I know he was talking about me. So KEvin, just in case you are reading this here is what I have to say to that. YOU are the one that gave me your fucking house key a week after we met. Do you know how weird that was? YOU are the one that came over to my house every freaking day and didn't give me any space! And another thing..."Nice guys" don't fucking break up with their girlfriend on Mother's Day after her mom was diagnosed with Cancer! You said the "passion" was gone. Well welcome to the real fucking world of relationships asshole! True love withstands the times when there is no "passion" as you call it. I actually hate you after reading that. Give up the "woe is me, nice guys finish last" routine! You are single because you don't have what it takes to be in a long term relationship.

Now back to our regular scheduled programming.

Honestly, I don't like having feelings like that. Not because there is anything wrong with anger but because it takes away from my own spirit. Anger is a natural and real emotion and sometimes we just have to go with it instead of pushing it down within ourselves. Anger is not an emotion I feel very often. When I do I am surprised by the intensity of it. Today I am going to allow myself the feeling of anger and hope it isn't as intense tomorrow.
~~~~
Baby No Name is still without a name. I must say I really don't like the names they have thrown by me. Stevie and Scarlett. {sigh} I suppose I will get used to those names. I know for sure that I love her to pieces and I can't wait for her to come home.
~~~~
In regards to my post about lack of comments. Of course I can't name names but I was talking about bloggers that I have been reading for 9 months or more and I have never had a reciprocal comment. (Not even one.) I have grown to care about these people. A lot. Maybe I offended these ladies in some way with a comment at one point. I sure hope not! I would like to be able to say that these people are just being insensitive but I know that is not the case. I know them by their posts and they are truly lovely ladies. I have read their comments on other peoples posts so I know they do comment. Whatever their reasons I will continue to read. I don't know. Maybe it is just me and my PMS. Maybe I should start putting a counter up on my blog so you will all know when to say, "Barbara, take a Midol, go to bed and post again in the morning".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Barbara's PMS Counter
*
3 days until her period!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This afternoon I tried this to try to get my kids to clean bedroom. It actaully worked!



7 Comments:

Blogger wanda said...

"Baby No-Name", how cute is that???
I don't really care for Scarlett but Stevie is cute.
I know what you mean about the comments thing. There are a few in our blogosphere who's blogs I read that rarely visit my blog. I've finally come to realize I read the blogs I enjoy, I wouldn't want them to come to my blog out of obligation. If they don't care for what I write or share my point of view, that's okay. It's a big world and there's room for all sorts of people and opinions.
I think one problem is so many of us have so many blogs to read, that it almost becomes a chore rather than a pleasure. There are days when I get tired before I get halfway through my blogroll.
I guess I've learned not to put so much stock in the number of comments I do, or don't receive.

1:37 p.m.  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Hi! I sometimes visit and leave a comment. I like your post, 'specially this one. I divorced 18 years ago and decided this single life is great! It hurt my husband that I left him for NOTHING, but I prefer nothing than life with a grouch!! hehehehe

2:29 p.m.  
Blogger Anita said...

I love the PMS counter! I am about there, too. We really should have a disclaimer, eh?

As for the Jerk, I say "what a jerk". Sorry. And remember, anger turned inward becomes depression, so let it out!

4:04 p.m.  
Blogger Crazy Single Mom said...

Oy what a jerk!!!! I know men like him, and you're right, they don't know what a relationship is. As for the rest, I am so sorry I don't comment or visit more, I love your blog and will make a concerted effort to read you more as I like you!

6:06 p.m.  
Blogger Jezzy said...

What a loser! Oh, those things make me mad. Some men are so good at making themselves look all sweet and lovely - but they're so full of it!

10:23 p.m.  
Blogger KT said...

Your niece is absolutely adorable, whatever her name will be. The right name will offer itself soon enough, I'm sure. I've always loved the name Emily -- if, and i mean IF, I ever had a daughter, I think I'd name her Emily. (I like the idea of the nickname Emme)

Anyway, don't worry about the comments thing - I got your message. I think I was PMS-ing as well when I read your original message, because I automatically assumed that I might've been a part of that group you were talking about. Since I had left comments on your blog before, I immediately went on the defensive reading your comments thinking, "um...huh?" So forgive my touchiness as well! PMS = bad. Very bad.

6:33 a.m.  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

That's too bad the baby doesn't have a name yet. I wouldn't be able to stand it! I love to name things :)

I'm sorry you had issues with some people. It really stinks when that happens... I hate that comments on a blog can be such an emotional thing.

You also worded your response to your ex very well!

Best wishes.

9:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket