Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  1. I am 34.
  2. I am a mom of a son and a daughter.
  3. I am single mom but started out married.
  4. I have learned that some things are not forever.
  5. I am happy being single.
  6. I get asked out a lot but I always say no.
  7. I own my own home.
  8. My favourite flowers are Sweet Peas.
  9. I like bugs.
  10. And spiders.
  11. Snakes too.
  12. I used to have panic attacks around snakes.
  13. My family has lived in the same city for 151 years.
  14. I enjoy my job.
  15. And all the people I work with.
  16. Except the accountant.
  17. I am an avid reader.
  18. I love cats.
  19. I am afraid of all dogs.
  20. I was attacked by a dog in the summer.
  21. Before that I loved dogs.
  22. I am not used to being afraid of anything and I don't know how to deal with it.
  23. My daughter was born with a genetic disease.
  24. I am a born-again Christian.
  25. I don't go to church.
  26. I have S.A.D.
  27. I use light therapy.
  28. My favourite drink is skim milk.
  29. I shaved my head and raised $1400.00 for the Cancer Society.
  30. I did it for my mom and my Nana.
  31. I pray daily for people I have met through blogging that have a family member or have cancer themselves. If I told you I would pray I am.
  32. I believe in the power of prayer.
  33. I tend to isolate myself.
  34. Because I am afraid of intimacy with both men and women.
  35. I don't know why.
  36. Ok, yes I do but I am not ready to say it here.
  37. I was raised by my step-dad and mom.
  38. My step-dad is my hero.
  39. I get along with everyone in my family and we express love freely. (Which makes me question # 34.)
  40. I see the good in everyone. (Alright not everyone - #16)
  41. My favourite show was Seinfeld.
  42. I will eventually own all 9 seasons on DVD.
  43. I hate television and don't have cable.
  44. My favourite movie is Muriel's Wedding because it changed my life.
  45. I have never met anyone who has even seen Muriel's Wedding.
  46. I love Tim Horton's French Vanilla but get it with half coffee.
  47. I suffer from depression.
  48. I take Effexor.
  49. I had Post Partum Depression.
  50. Tom Cruise is ignorant.
  51. I have a crush on a man 14 years my junior.
  52. I would never, ever follow thorough with those feelings.
  53. I don't answer the phone without checking the call display.
  54. I do not like talking on the phone.
  55. I take over 100 phone calls a day at work.
  56. Autumn is my favourite season.
  57. I don't like being hot.
  58. I can't stand socks on my feet and have taken them off at dinner parties because I feel like I am suffocating with them on. (Cuckoo!)
  59. I love butterflies.
  60. They remind me of my Nana.
  61. I wish I could live on chocolate.
  62. I have done some very bad things for a woman that calls herself a Christian.
  63. I collect groundhogs.
  64. I have a stuffed lion named Buzzy.
  65. He teaches me courage.
  66. My home is always a mess.
  67. I spend as much time as I can with my kids.
  68. I have a learning disability in math.
  69. I excel in English.
  70. My favourite line from a movie is "I wish I had the courage to get it over with and get really fat!"
  71. I think that is hilarious!
  72. My favourite holiday is Thanksgiving.
  73. I have a lot to be thankful for.
  74. My least favourite is Halloween.
  75. Halloween scares me.
  76. I have learned that if you think everyone around you are idiots, very likely you are the idiot.
  77. I would like to move to the country.
  78. I am a terrible cook.
  79. I am obsessive about organizing at work and my boss loves me for it.
  80. I created my own job because I like to organize.
  81. I always drive the speed limit.
  82. I have never received a speeding ticket or even been pulled over.
  83. I have had a near death experience and saw my life flash before my eyes.
  84. My favourite colour is pink. Then purple. Then yellow.
  85. If you value your life don't ever touch my feet.
  86. My best friend and I were nearly abducted by 3 men as a teenagers.
  87. God was watching over us and that is the only reason we are still alive today.
  88. If I know winning is really important to someone I will lose a game on purpose.
  89. I should be in bed sleeping instead of doing this.
  90. My favourite bible verse is "Whatsoever you have done to the least of these, you have done it to me."
  91. I try to live my live by that verse.
  92. Coworkers call me when they are out of the office just to talk to me because I am always happy.
  93. I have a bath every single night of my life. Sometimes two!
  94. I love to swim.
  95. My favourite artist is Enya.
  96. I subscribe to National Geographic because it feeds my inner nerd.
  97. I have learned a lot of about the way other people live through blogging.
  98. I am a better person because of it.
  99. I am stopping at 99 just to be different.

21 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

I LOVE Muriel's Wedding!!!

3:57 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#86 Oh my God!!! How terrifying. I feel so sad and helpless reading news stories of children/teens who get abducted and are never found. Thank God you weren't taken.

7:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

99 things that make you so wonderful

10:11 a.m.  
Blogger Sam said...

lol I've seen Muriels Wedding!

10:14 a.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

I saw Muriel's Wedding, and I LOVE IT. I wish Toni Collette had stayed chunky. She was much cuter then!

Thanks for sharing. We have a few things in common!

11:43 a.m.  
Blogger Jezzy said...

You're gorgeous. And I've seen Muriel's Wedding about, oh, 18, 19 times! It's one of my all time favourites too and it made me view friends and relationships and goals in a different way. Great list.

4:24 p.m.  
Blogger mer said...

that was fun - thx :)

9:33 p.m.  
Blogger David said...

Been a while since I visited. A good time to do so. You sound like a very interesting person who has things together even if sometimes you don't think so.

11:12 a.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

THat was awesome !!!!
I love you even more then I already did:)
I love lists, especially when they are so open. I think I am going to steal this idea from you, I mean borrow.:P
There are so many things here that we share. Like feet, I hate for most people to touch my feet.

5:33 p.m.  
Blogger Anna said...

That was a really good list :)!

7:00 p.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

Oh we have some things in common, and lots of things not in common.

Like I wear socks all the time, even in the summer, because my feet are always cold.

Glad to learn all about you.

:)

7:07 p.m.  
Blogger Phyllis said...

#86..You had your Guardian Angel working overtime on that one! When I was reading that I had a flashback of when I was 19 living in Seattle and almost got in a car with three guys I just met. They wanted me to go to the coast with them. I almost did, but an inner voice said NO!! I got a weird feeling and fled like heck. They tried to chase me down and I heard one of them say forget her!
(I was soooo naive in those days)!
Thanks for the 99!! That was fun reading!

11:39 p.m.  
Blogger Joe said...

I have never heard of Muriels wedding? Any way hey girl, I saw you over at Phillis place and droped by to see you. Have a great weekend!

5:07 a.m.  
Blogger wanda said...

I've never seen Muriel's Wedding. But now I want to.
Number 86 kinda bothers me. Cause it means God wasn't watching all the children there were abducted. Which is a really scary thought.
I feel like there's some real insight into you in this post.

11:59 a.m.  
Blogger Vickie said...

I love all of those things about you, dear Barbara. Great list! HUGS...

Have a wonderful weekend.

Now, I so want to see Muriel's Wedding again. What a great movie!

4:26 p.m.  
Blogger Kimberly said...

What's the scoop on the accountant?

Great 99!

8:49 p.m.  
Blogger Colleen said...

Great list, I love cats too and im single. Life is good. maybe I can make a list about me as well.

10:11 p.m.  
Blogger Danielle said...

Impressive list. you seem like a very interesting person! glad i stumbled upon your blog.

12:46 p.m.  
Blogger Jill said...

Great list!.

6:32 a.m.  
Blogger Anita said...

It's funny that I was going to comment on Muriel's Wedding but so many others already have. I guess I'll have to see it again because it didn't have an impact on me one way or the other.

The list is excellent! I was going to do an updated one myself! Great minds!

7:26 p.m.  
Blogger jen said...

It was nice to learn all about you!
Well, you were right with me, I have never seen Muriel's Wedding either, but it's now on my list! :)

6:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket