Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I am sitting colouring my hair. The grey was getting bad and announcing to the world that I am no longer a young woman. (Not that I am by any means old!) I like colouring my hair. I like to experiment though this time I am using the other half of what I used last time. I used to have to use at least 2 bottles but since I shaved my head I only need half a bottle.
~
I took the kids to the "corn maze" today. It was so much fun! It is fairly easy to find your way out but when your are 9 it is most difficult. We also went on a hay ride and picked out pumpkins! I love the fall. It is my favourite time fo the year!
~
I am off work tomorrow and going to finish cleaning my house. I am in the process of tearing apart my desk. I finally bought a shredder yesterday and have a few months worth of paper to shred. I need to finish the last of the dishes (yes there were that many) and a few loads of laundry then the house should be back to passable. Tonight however I am going to have a hot bath and hit the sack early.
~
Upon reflection, it was a little sad to be out at the corn maze today because I was the only single parent there. All the other moms were there with their husbands and I am trudging through the maze solo. I am still really enjoying being single and given the choice I would not want to be in a relationship right now but some days are a little harder than others. All in all though I am happy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Phyllis said...

Well I was depressed for a few months when I got single again but I realize the depression was because I missed the drinking! (I quit drinking in June and left my husband in July 1987).
I have been alone now foer 18 years and LOVE it. But then I don't have any kids to worry about. It must be hard with children. My heart goes out to you and the kids.

8:09 PM  
Blogger wanda said...

"some days are a little harder than others."

Hon it's that way when your IN a relationship too!

I know it sounds awful, but there are days I'd give almost anything to be single. Especially now that my kids are grown.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Bumbling Bav said...

I can honestly say... I never even noticed who was with who when I was at our pumpkin farm.

I know that I got kinda pissed when my husband was out of town 5 to 6 days a week for 7 yrs of our marriage and I was always the single parent at everything. I always noticed couples then... but now I do not notice now that he is home most of the time.

Strange that you notice when you do not have, but when you do have it you do not notice.

10:14 AM  
Blogger thequeen said...

Hey there lady!!!!

4:16 PM  
Blogger ldjay said...

I have been a single mom for the last 13 years. Some days it is hard, I'm tired of making all the decisions by myself. But its not all bad. My kids are really good, everyone tells me that. :)

The boys are 16 and 17 so soon they will be gone and I will be officially "alone". That is what I'm not looking forward too. But then again it might be the very best thing!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket