Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A coworker got the ol' heave ho today. I feel really bad for her but I saw it coming. She had been there for 10 months and still not able to use the computer. That is like a cashier not knowing how to use the till! Computer literacy is a part of the job and she was just not able to do even the simplest of tasks. The general manager started having me do all her computer related work so my job was getting more and more stressful. I feel like a bitch for even thinking that! I didn't mind helping her but last week I was doing a month end report that takes 3 days of totally uninterrupted concentration. In the middle of it I had to stop to help her with what could have been a very simple invoice. It only took about 30 minutes and I didn't say anything to anyone but I was tired of her not being able to pull her own weight. Anyway, she was fired today for the above reason and for several other reasons. It is weird to feel bad for someone but sort of thankful at the same time. I hope the next person that is hired is able to do the job.
There is good job related news. The owner and the general manager spoke to me last week and want to promote me! I have never been promoted at a job before! It will probably happen in the new year.
~
Life Lesson # 92, 601
Don't leave a roast out to cool before putting it in the fridge then head out to Wal Mart. If you forget to put a roast in the fridge the cat will eat it down to just a nubbin.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

8 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

That is awesome! Good luck with that promotion. It's always nice to feel appreciated at work, and it feels GREAT to actually be rewarded!

--Kelly

10:42 p.m.  
Blogger Anna said...

Bad Kitty! : )

3:42 a.m.  
Blogger Jill said...

I am still laughing out loud! (Burp!)

6:10 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great news about your upcoming promotion! What a nice feeling to be recognized and appreciated for all your hard work.

I've seen more than a few co-workers come and go that I've happier to see go than come. It usually takes a while to see how they'll do, but some you just know...instantly.

9:07 a.m.  
Blogger Bella said...

LMAO!!! The roast that is. I never left stuff out because of my cats. Little buggers got into everything even if it had a lid on it - they would find away to get to whatever it was inside.

I feel bad for your coworker but like you said, it's difficult for everyone involved when someone can't pull thier own weight. It does get frstrating when you have to show a person how to perform a task over and over again. I say that a person shoule pretty much know most of the logisitics in thier job within 90 days. That's usually a probation period and usually is the time span they give you to know your job.

Congrats on the promotion! That is great, Barbara!!!! So happy for you, yayyyyy!!!!

10:56 a.m.  
Blogger Kim said...

Yay! Congrats on the promotion! And that's hilarious about the roast. At least kitty got a good meal.

11:44 a.m.  
Blogger Sleeping Mommy said...

Don't feel too bad for that person, they don't belong in the job if they can't do it.

Congrats on the future promotion and the roast thing? Um yeah it would have been our DOGS that destroyed it.

12:43 p.m.  
Blogger wanda said...

So, kitty had himself a feast did he? Ah well, all that red meat isn't good for you anyway.
I feel sorry for your co-worker, but maybe she can find something in a field where she is more qualified. Then again, even at McDonalds you have to be able to use the register (or 'till' as you Canucks call it).

8:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket