Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I am almost done my Christmas shopping. The malls are busy already! I am determined to have it done by Thursday of next week. I only really need to get something for Little Man then some games for the kids to share. This year they want Operation! Ha I loved that game as a kid!
~
Just before I left for work this morning the budgie was chirping away happy as can be. The cat jumped from the table, went flying through the air (in a spread eagle position) and knocked the bird cage over. The bird cage broke open, seed flew everywhere, the bird flew off and the cat ran and hid. I had to put the cage back together, catch the bird who was flying madly around the house and drag the cat from under the desk and lock him in the bathroom for the day. (No time to clean up the bird seed. ) Yes. This is pretty much my life. I have stopped questioning God as to why He lets things like this happen right before I leave for work. It is because He is trying to teach me patience and He has a great sense of humour which he uses at my expense.

7 Comments:

Blogger Queen on the run said...

lol!!! You never know, walking out the door just one minute later then usual could have saved your life. I hate it when the cats knock over the bird cages. I have three birds to catch and none of them like people so it is a game of cat and mouse, er bird and human. I hope the rest of your day goes without incident:)

2:07 p.m.  
Blogger Bella said...

LOL!

Poor birdie and kitty.

My shopping is all done except for the stocking stuffers. Gawd I love internet shopping. It's the greatest!

2:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what total chaos! Pardon me for laughing, but that post was really funny. I know it wasn't funny to you at the time, though. Like a scene from a movie! Hope it never happens again, though. Naughty kitty!!!

5:52 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just starting my shopping...good for you for being almost done. I'm just stressing a bit...just a bit.

11:23 p.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

LOL, I agree with Queen on this one. That does sound like a day in my life, I used to have birds, I can't imaginine what the crazy cat I have now would do if I had them still.

She is bad enough without birds.

When you are done with shopping, wanna do mine?

Oh and this is dl. Just to let you know, I changed my name.

3:45 a.m.  
Blogger wanda said...

You have such an interesting life!
As I read your recap of the mornings events, I had this vision of Sylvester and Tweety bird. Of course if that were Sylvester he'd find a way to get out of that bathroom!

1:17 p.m.  
Blogger kenju said...

Barbara, thanks for the link to the snowflake site! I like that one better than the one I found.

I used to have a bird and I sometimes had a similar situation to yours; no fun to clean up, esp. when you are late for work.

5:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket