Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, November 28, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Some days it is hard to be a grown-up. Today was an example of that. I got my flu shot. Now I don't have a fear of needles. But I hate getting one. I think everyone hates needles don't they? Fear of needles is pretty common but I am not afraid of them. I just hate them! My kids and I get our flu shot every year and every year I go to sit in the chair and try to be a good mom, sitting there bravely, but inside I want to lie down on the floor and ask someone to hold my hand while I take a big breath then shed a few tears after it is over.
~
I have just started looking into my genealogy and is it ever fascinating. I came across something that was so cool. It turns out one of my girlfriends and I have the same great, great, great, great grandparents. I knew she was into genealogy so I e mailed her asking if she knew the name of her family that came over on the Princess Royal in 1854. It turned out to be Malpass, the same as mine! So far I have gone back to 1698. Cool stuff!

9 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

I love genealogy. I can't go back too far because our name was changed someplace down the line, but I have tracked back to some extent and it was so much fun! Good luck and if you have any more cool finds please share!

As for the shots - I would almost rather be sick than have to go through that anxiety just before I get them. Giving them is another story - no problem whatsoever. I guess I don't have a fear of the needle itself. Here's to a healthy winter!

7:38 p.m.  
Blogger Anna said...

Haven't commented in a while, so it's all rolled into one:

I like your flowers : ) They're pretty. Especially the purple ones.

Your "Jalopy" game is so funny (and cute)! That will be something your little ones will remember forever.

Geneology is really neat and being able to trace it back that far is so amazing.

Needles stink. spinals are the worst. Others are a quick pinch, but still stink-worthy. Remember: no matter how old you are, funky band-aids still make them feel better :)

8:15 p.m.  
Blogger Jezzy said...

Sounds very cool to trace your family back.

Aww, needles aren't so bad. Poor you. x
Hubby hates them too - he can't look.

8:52 p.m.  
Blogger Susan said...

Its facinating to go back and see who you came from. We kmow that my Great, great great great grandfather was the a merchent sailor who discovered the Siamese twins Cheng and Eng, who were brought back to Barnum and Baiieys circus.

9:06 p.m.  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

How fabulous! My sister is into Geneology in a HUGE way, for our parents and grandparents and back and back...You probably know this, but in case you don't, The Morman Church is the largest libray of geneoligical information that exists, almost anywhere...
Much Further Good Luck with your research....

10:16 p.m.  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

How in the world are you finding that stuff? I would love to find out more about my families history
especially since I know that the Barclays and the Barletts are in the same line somewhere. One is my birthmothers family and the other is my adoptive family.

10:41 p.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

My grandfather did an extensive family tree, following the path way back to France when the first ancestor came over during the edict of nantze. It is cool to look back and discover your heritage.

As for needles, the last one I got was a tetanus shot, that and bloodwork. I think I am kind of getting used to the whole needle thing.

7:33 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so lucky you've gone back so far with your ancestry! Wow--1698!!!! I can't seem to find much before my grandfather on my dad's side. Someday I'll put some more time into it.

1:24 p.m.  
Blogger Rachel said...

I got my flu shot at a drive by flu shot thing that Senior Friends give at the hospital here. We call it the "drive by shooting!" Don't even have to get out of your car! They hurt a little but it's over soon. Arm was sore that night though. Needles aren't too bad. You get used to them after a while I think.

My brother does the genealogy thing. I could never keep it all straight!

8:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket