Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I am done! Done! Done! Done! And it feels so good. I will not be going to the malls now for any reason until after January 2/2006. I have everything including stocking stuffers and it feels so good!
In addition I bought that rotten cat* a crate. He is waking me up a dozen times or more every night. Some of you suggested feeding him before bed. I wish it were that simple. He goes nutso if there is 10 pieces of kibble left in his bowl because he knows it is getting to the empty stage. He sits just around the corner in the hallway from where his bowl is and darts out and almost trips me until I fill it again. As soon as I fill it he will eat the gratuitous piece of cat food then walk away.
I know he isn't trying to be a bad cat. In fact he is very affectionate at night and that is the reason he wakes me up. He wants snuggles! If I ignore him he doesn't really bite per se. He just puts his teeth to any exposed body part and sits there biting gently. He also walks up and down my body. He will fall asleep on me know matter what way I am sleeping. Being the slave human I am I don't want to move because I don't want to wake him and disturb his sleep. I know, I should just push him off the bed, and I do, but he just looks at it as a game!
So I bought a kitty crate that I know he is going to hate. I am going to put it at the end of the bed so he will be warm and not be locked away from everyone. I will let you know how it goes!
*meant in the most affectionate way possible. I love that little beast.
~
Update- After much meowing, growling, whining, crying, clawing and carrying on (like I had left him outside in the cold in 40 below weather) Norbert settled in and went to sleep. It really is a nice cozy little crate, just his size with a soft baby blanket to keep him warm. (Ok who wants to bet that I let him by morning because I feel sorry for him?)
Another Update- This evening I caught Norbert resting in his crate with the door wide open. I think he likes it!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm not...still got a ways to go...ugh!

10:09 p.m.  
Blogger Catherine said...

Great for you on finishing your shopping - I've only purchased one thing so far. This is the worst I have ever been in years past. As for that little Norbert, I'm happy to hear that he settled in well, I hope you made it through the night too. :)

5:02 a.m.  
Blogger Susan said...

way to go Barb. If you only knew how much I still have to shop...! Yikes. Payday on Friday. Hopefully Ill be done by this time next week!!

9:22 a.m.  
Blogger gal artist said...

I didn't even start shopping.

Ugh.

At this point I will never get done.

As for Miss Noodles, she is in heat.

AND DRIVING ME ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!!!

dl

11:22 a.m.  
Blogger wanda said...

Hey, your not done! You promised to do MY shopping for me. You did! I know you did! Well I'm sure somebody did, and since your done, it might as well be you.

12:48 p.m.  
Blogger Bella said...

I had one of those. The little sucker tore up my carpet after I kicked him out of the room and shut the door.

I woke up and tripped over the seam that starts directly underenath the door so now whenever I close it, it gets caught.

Then the brat had the nerve to run away. Oh well, hopefully he found someone else to terrorize. I did love him though.

4:25 p.m.  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

What a Christmasy site. Nice.
I am still caught up in the "I just need to get one more thing" cycle. Bleech..

6:30 a.m.  
Blogger Richard said...

Congrats! I haven't even started. I also need to send out Christmas cards (since some have to go overseas ... they might not make it on time).

10:47 a.m.  
Blogger Vickie said...

Congrats one getting your shopping done!! I'm so proud of you. And I'm glad Norbert is settling in. Hugs!

12:12 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor cat was just looking for some attention. Geez. Congrads on finishing your shopping...oh by the way the Christmas story you wanted soooooo bad about the picture with the 6 reindeer is there for your entertainment. True story too!!

6:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosting by Photobucket